HP Envy M6 Sleekbook m6-k010dx (2532 Views)
Honor Student
lostandbound
Message 1 of 7 (2,532 Views)

HP Envy M6 Sleekbook m6-k010dx

Hello,

I have an HP Envy M6 Sleekbook with the AMD Elite A10 quad core processor and RALINK wireless.  The wireless connection is terrible I went from 7MB/sec on my last laptop to 800KB/sec on this one.  I thought maybe the signal was weak so I bought a WIFI booster, but I am still getting the same download speed, I cannot get it any higher no matter what I do, I tried to exchange the laptop and I am having the same issue, why are the download speeds so incredible slow on this laptop, I can't even stream movies from my network to the laptop because everything is choppy.  Anyone have any ideas about how to fix it?

-

Professor
npw05001
Message 2 of 7 (2,506 Views)

Re: HP Envy M6 Sleekbook m6-k010dx

Hello lostandbound,

I see that you are having problems with the internet speed on the wireless internet for your HP computer. I have some suggestions that may help with this issue.

Have you tried to update the wireless adapter drivers for the computer? To do that you can run the Windows updates on the computer. It is normally a optional update. If you cannot find an update this way then you can also look in through the device manager. Under the network adapter tab you should see the wireless adapter.

Let me know the name of the wireless adapter driver.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Honor Student
DomPet07
Message 3 of 7 (2,447 Views)

Exact same problem with my m6 (same computer).  The only thing I've found for weeks now is update drivers, and no other real help. Would really appreciate a true fix to the problem with this model.

Honor Student
lostandbound
Message 4 of 7 (2,439 Views)

In all honesty the laptops design gives the worst wifi reception of any laptop I have ever owned. The laptop became unusable if I literally moved more then 3 feet from the router. I exchanged it once for the same model but found the same problem and I had to exchange it for a different laptop. I loved everything about the laptop except the wifi but it's like having a rowboat without oars, you can love it but it's not going to get you anywhere. I called HP and I tried the forums and this just isn't a quality laptop, HP really slipped on the quality on this one, the processor was great, the graphics were great (for a laptop I was impressed) battery life was pretty decent and it was a nice size that was easily portable but it's seems like that is where all the money went. Do yourself a favor and switch to a different laptop, this model HP is terrible and HP has been asked about the problem and doesn't care, your solution doesn't lie here, it lies in switching your laptop. Sorry I am not here to bash HP but this laptop was a HUGE disappointment to me, and the lack of support was an even bigger disappointment. Hopefully this will work out for you, and I'm sorry to see you having the same troubles. Best of luck to you
Honor Student
DomPet07
Message 5 of 7 (2,433 Views)

Thanks lostandbound.  FINALLY, someone gives me an answer.  And I completely agree, great specs for a laptop.  But in modern.. well.. anything, internet is almost most important.  I'm disappointed HP.  Honestly.  Similar threads are all over the web about this and several other modern laptop models.  This is really a disappointmented and the pretty penny I paid for this laptop is wasted.  A thousand points to lostandboud for telling how it is.

Top Student
Bosco-Stream
Message 6 of 7 (2,342 Views)

Did you try changing the settings on your router...?

would recommend setting the channel nuimber to 11

Student
Munising1
Message 7 of 7 (1,314 Views)

One thing I found to be of big help is the following: In any search engine type "TCP optimizer" one of the first selections should read "SpeedGuide.net :: TCP Optimizer / Downloads" click on it. Now (should be at the top) click on " TCP Optimizer v3.0.8" then on the bottom click "RUN" Under General setting you will see a slidebar, slide it ALL THE WAY to the right to the maximum MBPS, no matter the internet speed you currently have. Reeboot, see if you notice a difference in internet speed. I hope this helps.  Mike

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation