HP Envy Touchsmart 15 j005 - Wifi keeps dropping (5692 Views)
Honor Student
Rip77
Message 1 of 9 (5,692 Views)

HP Envy Touchsmart 15 j005 - Wifi keeps dropping

Hi,

I've just recieved my laptop and I have been having a real problem with the wifi adaptor on this laptop. The adaptor currently installed is the ''Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230''. However, I have tried to update this driver only to find that it is currently on the latest update available.

Any other suggestions why the adaptor may be dropping the internet connection?

Student
Jczh
Message 2 of 9 (5,672 Views)

Re: HP Envy Touchsmart 15 j005 - Wifi keeps dropping

Having the same problem here:

My laptop model

:HP Envy Touchsmart 15-j003tx notebook pc

Adapter model : Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230

My wifi just went into limited after i tried to download some files which is larger than 100mb.
Already tried reinstalling the adapter and disable all anti-virus but still cant solve this problem. 

Would appreciate if anyone knows how to solve this issue

Honor Student
Rip77
Message 3 of 9 (5,663 Views)

Seems very strange but you do have the same adaptor as me, if you find anything that seems to solve the problem please do let me know. I will do the same

Honor Student
Rip77
Message 4 of 9 (5,657 Views)

Hi,

I have news on the wifi problem I have been having on my computer. I rang up HP and they suggested installing a new driver from the HP website. Following doing this I have recieved no internet problems at all for the past hour or so. Here's a link to the drivers http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/drivers.html and you need to put in your product number in order to recieve the drivers you need. As to which one to choose I am not sure but I went for the first download on the list as advised by tech support on the phone.

Input product number - choose microsoft 64 bit  - choose network drivers - I choose the first on the list ''Intel Wireless Drivers For Microsoft 8''

Hope it helps!!

Honor Student
Smants
Message 5 of 9 (5,577 Views)

Hi 

I have the same problem

But my adapter is Ralink RT 3290

I already try to find the last drivers update to try to fix the problem, but also I can´t find it

Any suggestion??

PhD Student
mahemac
Message 6 of 9 (5,550 Views)

Hi,

Download the Softpaq sp63183 from the below FTP link which should resolve these issues. 

This Softpaq is for Windows 8 notebooks with an Intel Wireless card and should not be installed if they have another manufacturer like Broadcom , Realtek , or Qualcomm . 

• Customer complaining about connection “ dropping ” intermittently.
  • Fixes an issue which causes the 802.11n wireless connection to be disabled after a wireless adapter driver is installed.
  • Customer is having general wireless connection issues with their Windows 8 notebook. 
"I work for HP."

Please click the "White Kudos" star to say thanks for helping.
Please mark "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem.

Student
Jenultimate
Message 7 of 9 (5,017 Views)

[ Edited ]

I had a similar issue with my brand new HP Envy TouchSmart 15t-j000 notebook.  The notebook is really amazing.  This is my second envy and I am thrilled with both.  However, the first week of use, my internet connection would randomly drop down to less than 1M.  This happened several times a day.  I was thinking of returning the laptop but took a chance that driver needed to be updated.  Which you would think a custom built laptop would ship with the latest drivers, but you'd be wrong!  YES the driver updated and I haven't had a single problem since.  I am also using Windows8.

Regents Professor
pepe999
Message 8 of 9 (5,012 Views)

Rip77 wrote:

Hi,

I've just recieved my laptop and I have been having a real problem with the wifi adaptor on this laptop. The adaptor currently installed is the ''Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230''. However, I have tried to update this driver only to find that it is currently on the latest update available.

Any other suggestions why the adaptor may be dropping the internet connection?

Hi,

This issue is well known. You have to use the latest driver 16.. from Intel website. 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23169&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%208...

and for Windows 8.1here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3507&DwnldID=23258&ProductFamily=Wire...

Dv6-7000 /Full HD/Core i5-3360M/GF 650M/Corsair 8GB/Intel 7260AC/Samsung Pro 256GB
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
Student
WouterS
Message 9 of 9 (4,647 Views)

I think I have found the solution.
First I had this problem to.
The problem isn't the driver but a setting. You need to go to your devicemanager. Search for your driver got to the settings.
Then you need to disable the option that the computer may disable thsi device to save energie.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation