06-15-2013 06:26 PM
The HP Envy dv6-7210us laptop I bought that shipped just yesterday has a problem where it randomly disconnects from the internet. I have to reconnect every time. When this happens, all of the other internet connected devices in the house still work, so it is a problem with the computer, not my modem. While the compuer actually is connected, the connection speed is fine. This is very annoying while playing online games. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Thanks in advance.
06-17-2013 01:00 PM
I see that you are having problems with the wireless connection dropping frequently on your HP computer. I have a couple of suggestions that may help with this issue.
Here is a link that has some troubleshooting steps that are for wireless internet issue on Windows 8. Follow the steps in the link and try and update the wireless adapter on your computer.
Let me know if this helps.
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- Resolving issues in Internet Explorer (Windows 8)
- Resolving Internet Explorer issues (Windows 7, Vista, XP)
- Resolving Broadband Internet connection problems (Windows 8)