Question

Student
IamCreditCard
Message 1 of 2 (1,351 Views)

HP Envy dv6-7210us Constantly Loses Internet Connection

The HP Envy dv6-7210us laptop I bought that shipped just yesterday has a problem where it randomly disconnects from the internet. I have to reconnect every time. When this happens, all of the other internet connected devices in the house still work, so it is a problem with the computer, not my modem. While the compuer actually is connected, the connection speed is fine. This is very annoying while playing online games. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Thanks in advance.

Professor
npw05001
Message 2 of 2 (1,326 Views)

Re: HP Envy dv6-7210us Constantly Loses Internet Connection

Hello IamCreditCard,

I see that you are having problems with the wireless connection dropping frequently on your HP computer. I have a couple of suggestions that may help with this issue.

Here is a link that has some troubleshooting steps that are for wireless internet issue on Windows 8. Follow the steps in the link and try and update the wireless adapter on your computer.

Let me know if this helps.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation