Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Have same problems (hp envy dv7-7254er (buy it in Jan 2013, ~1500$):

1. Bluetooth \ WiFi disconnects on ac adapter disconnect

2. Mainboard SATA conroller failure after buying this

3. Service center detects SATA problems ONLY AT END OF 2013 (!!!!!), HP replaces the mainboard

4. Support ignoring problems.

5. ONE YEAR timewaste!

Never buy HP products. NEVER.

HP Recommended

It seems as though this problem has been going on for quite a while.  I'm disappointed that I didn't read forums such as this when I went and brough my HP Envy brand new.  The computer is 11 months old, for the past 5 months I have been having problems with being system updated and finding that my wifi on the laptop is more tempremental than a pregnant woman. First it will pick up the 9 wifi modems available, then before you know it - theres NONE, and the wifi is turned off (apparently).  After searching for days on end to find a fix, or a way to undo whatever the hell that retarded 'system update' was, I *think* its working.... 4 restarts later and its still working.... then I feel the sense of relief rush over me, only to be disconnected and left with that 'you are offline' page that we all hate and a huge red cross over my wifi icon.   HP!! FIX THIS!!!  :catmad: 

HP Recommended

There is a wireless network adapter upgrade that is offered with Windows updates ...and I believe this is the main cause for the issue. Go into 'Control Panel' then 'Hardware and Sound' then click on the 'Device Manager' listed under 'Devices and Printers' towards the top of the screen.  There will be a list of devices and about half way down will be 'Network adapter', click the arrow to show all adapters, and click on 'Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160'. Then click the 'Driver' tab and select the 'Roll Back Driver' button to revert back to before the update. That should fix the issue ...it did for me.

HP Recommended

again due to updates my wifi is not working and now i am using LAN :@

i dont know **bleep** HP is working on

they have no customer care

they just want to earn without services and honesty

HP Recommended

I will monitor this to see if my problems went away, but I have a 3 year warranty on the HP Envy 17t-J and last week sent the Laptop back to HP becasue of a separating case and bad left hinge. This developed about 3 weeks after I had sent it in for a screen failure. 

So out of curiousity, I also wrote in the repair slip that I had intermittent drops when at home on WiFi and this is the only one of 5 laptops I have used on my home network which does this. I never got any confirmation that they trplace the network adapter and my service order info only says "malfunctioning part" though it does say it twice next to the line item "Unit Failure Description". I have to assume the network adapter was failing and was replaced. 

And now, I have been on my home WiFi for the last 3 hours without a drop. I will monitor this to make sure the issues with drops are gone permanently & let everyone know if this is the case or whether the problems come back.

HP Recommended

Just to update everyone, it worked great the first and second night, but since then has started dropping again. Bummer.

HP Recommended

Is there a step by step to do what you said?  This ENVY uses Windows 8.1, and I have no idea how to proceed with the fix.  This is really, really fustrating!  Why is there no fix for this HP?

HP Recommended

The Envy I worked had the same problem. I could connect to the interent with a cable connected to the RJ45 port while  the WIFI adpater was unable to find any available wireless access points. I right clicked on the wireless apter in Device Manger (found in the Control Panel) and selected the updare driver option while I was connected to the interenet through a cable. Windows found and installed a new driver and the WIFI was again able to see any available WIFI APs and connect to them.  I suspect a recent driver update to the WIFI apapter from the HP update manager is what caused the problem on this user's laptop.

HP Recommended

I think so too. I right clicked on my wirless apapter and chose "update driver", Windows found and installed a new drive and fixed the WIFI now works again.

HP Recommended
I cannot even get a connection with a cable. This problem started months ago when computer was in warranty. Now 3 weeks out of warranty and they want to charge me to talk. Very frustrated. Will keep trying to get connection so I can try your solution.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.