Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I imagine your talking about a clean boot state. Thats usually done when a program wont install properly because of a software conflict.

But keep us posted on the results after a few weeks or if the problem happens again, we'll try something else. :generic:

HP Recommended

yes, that is the right wording.  Sorry, not much of a computer person.

I did all the steps, didn't find any program conflicts, but it has been working ever since.

I imagine I will be back here in a week or so looking for more solutions, since i don't think any of my stumbeling around did anything to actually fix the problem.

Thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

my laptop is HP Envy i7 j139tx. I'm having the same issue for about more than 5 months.  its really disappointing. i've tried various things to solve it. even i still have my warrenty remaining. but even the seller is telling me that they can't fix it or help me out. really helpless. waste of money. HP need to give a permanent solution for this.

HP Recommended

this link takes me to a page that has un-usable links on it so it is NOT helpful

HP Recommended

NannaD, you dont state which link your talking about as there are several on this thread.

Are you looking for an HP Contact number? IF so, for what country and I will do my best to find it for you.

HP Recommended

My WiFi is not working and finally I found the solution,

Solved: WiFi Not Working on Laptop or PC

HP Recommended

hey all,

i recently ran into this same problem a couple days ago. after reading this entire thread and noticing how unsuccessful it's been,  i went it did some of my own searching and found a solution atleast for my situation. i opened the network and sharing center, then clicked on change adapter settings, and noticed that my intel wireless dual band - ac 3160 had been disabled for some unknown reason. so i just enabled it again. i hope that this helps atleast one of you out there! i know that my solution wasnt very complicated but it may have been one that was overlooked.

i have a ts envy 17 running windows 8.1

HP Recommended

I know that I'm going to jinx myself, but here goes.....

About a week ago, I performed a MS Windows update. Ended up with problems with my DisplayLink driver so I ended up futzing around with reloading the Targus displaylink driver. After having problems still, I gave up and loaded the Windows version of the driver and the screen came up fine.

After that I got confident and decided to update the network card drivers from the  HP site. Well, I updated the driver, rebooted and the system showed a driver failure on the network card. I went into Device Manager and deleted the intel Wireless-N 7260 Device and rebooted. 

After reboot, checked device manager and the system reloaded the Intel Wireless-N 7260. Since then, my wifi does not drop out anymore. It has been a week & I am happy. Will post again if everything goes South again.

But in a nutshell load latest HP driver for the network card and not the Windows one, but had to delete device before it would act properly.

HP Recommended

I did this, (and had two different drivers installed), and here it instantly let me do Netflix with no problems as I am also doing the forum.  HD.  We'll have to see how it goes down the road, but it cleared it up almost instantly tonight.  I left the Intel one working.  Hope the rest of you do this, and that it works for you.

HP Recommended

Please note I have two not one HP Envy Laptops that do the very same thing.  Intermittant internet service.  The older one began when I upgraded from 8 to 8.1...the second has done it out of the box.
I continue to buy HP products for the accountants keyboard on the side...I figured they would have resolved this issue by now...to date and after many hours of reasearch and frustration I still have not been able to connect wirelessly to the internet.
THis is regardless of where I go...so it is an HP issue not a router or other issue.  Can not believe HP is as large as they are and have not addressed this issue.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.