Question

Honor Student
eddjames
Message 1 of 5 (8,641 Views)

HP G72 102 - WIFI driver support

Hi there,

I uninstalled the Atheros driver program from my Windows 7 64 bit Notebook (accidently) which caused my wifi connection to drop (obviously). I have tried to go through several install processes to put the driver back on and have achieved this many times successfully, however the wifi is not finding my wireless router. It states no network connectivity and is not showing any connections despite finding several in the neighbourhood in the past.

I am unsure what to do next and think that there is further configuration to be done - any assistance (including the correct version of Atheros to install and whether this is correct product to be doing) would be very gratefully received.

Edd.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 5 (8,622 Views)

Re: HP G72 102 - WIFI driver support

Hi:

Try the latest driver available which is newer than the one on your notebook's support page:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12...

Paul

Honor Student
eddjames
Message 3 of 5 (8,603 Views)

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your response. I downloaded and installed the latest driver as directed - this has completed okay but I still get the issue with no networks being found. This is shown by the usual wifi strenght icon with the red cross over it.

It doesn't seem to try to scan at all, as if the device is disabled or not enabled correctly?

Thoughts on next step?

Edd.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 5 (8,600 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi:

When you look in your device manager and click on your Atheros wireless card, does it show it as enabled and working?

If it shows as disabled, you can right click on it and enable it.

If it is showing as enabled and working, I don't know what else to recommend to do next.

Paul

Student
sam_p_00
Message 5 of 5 (6,607 Views)

Hi,

I'm facing a similar problem. However i did not delete or uninstall any drivers.

Suddenly my notebook disconnected from the wi-fi connection couple of weeks back and still refuses to connect.

It shows me limited or no connectivity with a yellow ! mark.

It also does not let me permit to create new connection.

Any thoughts on how do i rectify this ?

Regards,

Samir

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation