Question

Tutor
Jarrett8887
Message 1 of 8 (518 Views)

HP Laptop and Desktop can't connect to the same wireless router at the same time

Hello,

Both the laptop(dv6-3140us) and desktop(HP Pavillion P6000) were purchased in January and if one is connected to the router/internet, when the other tries to connect it kicks both connections.

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 8 (514 Views)

Re: HP Laptop and Desktop can't connect to the same wireless router at the same time

Hi,

Jarrett8887 wrote:

Hello,

Both the laptop(dv6-3140us) and desktop(HP Pavillion P6000) were purchased in January and if one is connected to the router/internet, when the other tries to connect it kicks both connections.

That is usually a router issue.

What brand and model of wireless router are you using?

Best regards,
erico

****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
Jarrett8887
Message 3 of 8 (510 Views)

Re: HP Laptop and Desktop can't connect to the same wireless router at the same time

Hi,

I'm using a linksys rangeplus wireless router.

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 8 (507 Views)

[ Edited ]

Jarrett8887 wrote:

Hi,

I'm using a linksys rangeplus wireless router.

do you have a model number? It should be on the device.

My home wireless router is a WRT320N Linksys router. Sometimes there are six or seven wireless devices on at the same time.

Best regards,
erico

Tutor
Jarrett8887
Message 5 of 8 (501 Views)

WRT110

Provost
erico
Message 6 of 8 (499 Views)

Have you gone to Linksys and downloaded the latest firmware and updated your router to it?

Best regards,
erico

Tutor
Jarrett8887
Message 7 of 8 (495 Views)

I am not able to open the update files after download. It's a bin file and linksys doesn't accept the pathway.

Provost
erico
Message 8 of 8 (491 Views)

HI,

Jarrett8887 wrote:

I am not able to open the update files after download. It's a bin file and linksys doesn't accept the pathway.

You are not supposed to be able to open it.  :smileywink:

Go into your router GUI and in the Administration tab and back up your configuration to your download folder. Select the Firmware update Tab and Select update and path to the bin file.  update.  Now restore the configuration from the config file that you saved. Simple as that.

Best regards,
erico

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation