HP Mini 1110NR netbook - Wireless won't turn on (28588 Views)
Student
AngryPeter
Message 1 of 11 (28,588 Views)

HP Mini 1110NR netbook - Wireless won't turn on

Hey there,

I've been using an HP Mini 1110NR netbook for a number of months now without any trouble. Recently it asked me to download some updates for the computer which I began to do. In the middle of downloading the new updates it gave me an error message, saying some of the files couldn't be found, and went back to the home screen. I noticed the little switch on the front of the computer that is normally lit up blue when the wireless is activated and orange when it's turned off, had switched from blue to orange on its own. From this point forward I have been unable to get it to switch back to blue again and get my wireless internet working. I've tried all sorts of things from various resets to pushing the switch a bajillion times but nothing seems to work and nobody else seems to be suffering from the same issue. Any ideas? 

Cheers,

Peter 

Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 2 of 11 (28,609 Views)

Re: HP Mini 1110NR netbook - Wireless won't turn on

AngryPeter wrote:

Hey there,

I've been using an HP Mini 1110NR netbook for a number of months now without any trouble. Recently it asked me to download some updates for the computer which I began to do. In the middle of downloading the new updates it gave me an error message, saying some of the files couldn't be found, and went back to the home screen. I noticed the little switch on the front of the computer that is normally lit up blue when the wireless is activated and orange when it's turned off, had switched from blue to orange on its own. From this point forward I have been unable to get it to switch back to blue again and get my wireless internet working. I've tried all sorts of things from various resets to pushing the switch a bajillion times but nothing seems to work and nobody else seems to be suffering from the same issue. Any ideas? 

Cheers,

Peter 

Select your operating system, then download/run (install) the wireless drivers and BIOS update for your netbook.
Student
sillyx1
Message 3 of 11 (27,164 Views)

I have the same problem.  What did you do to rectify the issue?

Thanks.

Teacher
JAZZER
Message 4 of 11 (27,128 Views)

if your computer has xp/windows7 on it then try downloading and installing this ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45501-46000/sp45515.exe

before you do this make sure that you have uninstalled it the driver from the device manager.(start --> run--> devmgmt.msc-->network adapters-->look for wlan adapter)

if the above step doesnot work out .

turn off the laptop and at the startup hit F6 and select restore state and then select the recent date on which the wireless was working and hit restore. and that should fix the problem.

you will not lose any of your personal files by doing restore

HIT STAR IF THIS WORKS OUT

Teacher
JAZZER
Message 5 of 11 (27,127 Views)

if your computer has xp/windows7 on it then try downloading and installing this ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45501-46000/sp45515.exe before you do this make sure that you have uninstalled it the driver from the device manager.(start --> run--> devmgmt.msc-->network adapters-->look for wlan adapter) if the above step doesnot work out . turn off the laptop and at the startup hit F6 and select restore state and then select the recent date on which the wireless was working and hit restore. and that should fix the problem. you will not lose any of your personal files by doing restore HIT STAR IF THIS WORKS OUT
Honor Student
Cazza_xo
Message 6 of 11 (15,341 Views)

I also had this problem. Visit this website and follow the instructions. 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/products/features/system-restore

Student
Emilyfredricks
Message 7 of 11 (12,892 Views)

how do we get to that on the netbook if i can't get on the Internet?

Honor Student
mily2030
Message 8 of 11 (12,463 Views)

wireless wont turn on

Top Student
millie408
Message 9 of 11 (10,117 Views)

Thank you so much for trying to solve my problem, I finally got the wifi to work. 

Turns out all I had to do was to uninstall the WLAN device and install it again.

Thank you so much for the help.  

Top Student
millie408
Message 10 of 11 (10,116 Views)

OOPS, Wrong post. lol 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation