Question

Student
markc0311
Message 1 of 7 (36,677 Views)

HP Pavilion G6 wireless networking issue

i have a pavilion g6 and i cannot connect to my home wireless network, the wireless connection light on the keypad does not change color, it just stays orange. There is no issue with my home network, I have other devices on it.

Grad Student
y2ken
Message 2 of 7 (36,650 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion G6 wireless networking issue

Click on this link for instructions on how to fix your problem. Hope it helps!

How To Connect To Home Network - Troubleshooting

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 3 of 7 (36,640 Views)

Hi:

You have a hardware issue with your network card which is why the light is orange and you can't connect to anything.

1. Wireless button, key, or switch is in the off position.

2. Card is missing hardware drivers.

3. Card is turned off in the wireless assistant or connection manager.

4. Card is disabled in the BIOS.

5. Card has failed.

Paul

Honor Student
mishutka
Message 4 of 7 (34,539 Views)

I will suggest you to try following steps to solve this problem. It solved mine.

• Open Control Panel in your laptop.
  • Click on Hardware and Sound
  • Choose Device Manager
  • Now you have to click on Network Adapters List
  • Select your network adapter.
  • After that you have to Right Click and Select Properties
  • Click on Power Management tab
  • Now you have to uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option.
  • click on OK.
Student
yousef1980
Message 5 of 7 (32,152 Views)

dear

i made format to my laptop but the wirless its not working

could you plaeza help me

thanks for you

Honor Student
Brandon102
Message 6 of 7 (24,304 Views)

Mine is having the same issue my screenshot button on steam was f12 I had used this before and the light would turn orange note I could easily turn the light back on by pressing fn f12 in that order, last night I was playing a game and wanted to take a screen shot like I had done the day before I pressed the button and the light went orange when I tried to press it again and turn it back it wouldn't change color and kicked me off the internet or wifi. I then proceeded to turn off the pavilion and start it up the next day, the fallowing day I turned on the pavilion and went to wifi and saw it said " wifi (off)" I then surched for help here and saw the person below said to turn off or uncheck something that did not work and I cant turn the light back to blue and turn on my wifi. note: recently I did wipe my computer to get rid of a strange thing on all my date and computer id name it said virus active and I thought reseting my pc back to default would fix it, it had not if you can help me with both of these problems it would be great
Honor Student
Brandon102
Message 7 of 7 (24,303 Views)

I just fixed the problem not ten minutes after I just did a problem fix and it found the issue.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation