Question

Honor Student
sadwatch
Message 1 of 3 (978 Views)

HP Pavilion windows 8 wont connect to Wifi internet

Frustrating New Laptop HP Pavilion wont connect to Wifi when all other phones samsung Tabs,ipads and Dell laptop does. keep saying password incorrect when it is not please help

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 2 of 3 (918 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion windows 8 wont connect to Wifi internet

Hello sadwatch.

Welcome to the HP Forums. I understand your new computer is unable to connect to a wireless network. I apologize for the long wait, but I will do my best to assist you. First, please try the following tests and provide the results:

1. Try connecting this computer to a network using an Ethernet cable.

2. Try connecting the computer to a different wireless network.

3. You stated you get a message stating the password is incorrect. Please be absolutely certain that the password is correct.

4. Ping the IP address. For more information on this, please review this Microsoft Technet document: Test Network Connection with Ping

These tests are meant to narrow down the source of error. It will prove one of the following issues:

- The computer is simply unable to connect to a (wireless) network.

- There is a communication issue between this computer and the wireless network.

After these simple tests are completed, please try the troubleshooting steps in this HP document: Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet

Following these steps will address the computer's inability to connect to a wireless network. To an extent, the steps also troubleshoot the connection between the computer and the network. I believe this will resolve your issue. Either way, please post your results. Thank you for bringing this issue to the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Student
SilverWing
Message 3 of 3 (350 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion windows 8 wont connect to Wifi internet

I am also having the same issue connecting to wifi. I can use the same password to connect to my phone and tablet but on my windows 8.1 it alway says the password is incorrect. that happen after i shutdown my laptop and when i restart it wont connect.  after trying for an hour it wont connect then suddenly it connect and it goes off when i shutdown my laptop it wont connect it keep saying incorrect password. Its already happened to me 3x this week, i wasnt able to use my laptop for 2 days. it just connected yesterday around 10 pm using the same password. i dont know whats the bloody problem with laptop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation