HP Pavillion Dv6 Notebook randomly drops wifi signal (2582 Views)
Honor Student
God_of_Thieves
Message 1 of 4 (2,582 Views)

HP Pavillion Dv6 Notebook randomly drops wifi signal

Hello, I seem to be having trouble with my wifi signal on my HP Pavillion Dv6 laptop Windows 64-bit.  While connect to my wireless network located just in the ajoining room my signal strength will randomly drop and return to full for short periods of time.  I notice the drop in signal from the wifi indication bars located in the bottom right corner of the screen.  I have tried switching channels in my router settigs from Auto to 1 or 11 and have tried updating my network card to the latest drivers.  We have 2 other laptops connected to the same wifi network in the apartment and they do not receive loss of signal or signal strength.  What interference is causing my laptop to randomly lose and then regain wifi bars?

Thanks!

Nate

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 4 (2,576 Views)

Re: HP Pavillion Dv6 Notebook randomly drops wifi signal

Hi, Nate:

Click on your network card in the device manager. Then click on the advanced tab.

If there are any settings for roaming or roaming aggessiveness, set that to low or off, or whatever the lowest roam setting you can make it.

If it doesn't have a roaming setting, then I don't know why you are having those issues since you have done everything else I would have suggested already.

Paul

Honor Student
God_of_Thieves
Message 3 of 4 (2,556 Views)

Hi, Paul:

I tried your suggestion to lower my roaming agression and it seems to be doing the trick, my wifi jumped from missing 1 bar, to having full bars.  Ill watch it for a while and see if it stays like this.  Thank you so much for your suggestion and help!

Nate.

Student
Sarbast
Message 4 of 4 (915 Views)

Hi all

Am having the same problem , Mine is even worse , when get away from my lap even 2 meters i notice the lowest wifi signal on my phone , i used this option Lowering the Roaming sensitivity , even Disabled it , But still having the same Problem !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation