Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This is my second post concerning my wireless not working. I can push the switch from off to on and the light stays orange. Is there an easy fix to this. I have read most of the post with simular problems and like others I need my laptop everyday for my work.

89 REPLIES 89
HP Recommended
i too have a problem with my wifi but my indication light is working cause my bluetooth is working fine, this problem remains in xp only. vista runs my wifi
HP Recommended

i have same problem. i contact hp for this. after installed BIOS it still cant find wireless adapter in devise manager below network adapter tab. wifi light remains orange even switch is on. no wireless detected. when i press "diagnose problem", it shows " this computer have not installed network adapter hardware".

about 2 hours of conversation with HP supports, they found my laptop's mother board have some problem. it need to be repair at their shop. and it costing me $260. as i know this problem is general in DV6000 series. HP should repair this for free. this is manufactured mistake!

as per techitian, network lan card is working fine but mother board not passing signal for wifi. if i use USB wifi adapter it will not help!

$260 is costing too much when PC is about 3 years old!

HP Recommended

I had the same problem (on an HP dv7) and went around for 3 days connecting to a wire. Then I remember an old "fix" from about 10 years ago when a tech in the middle of the night told me to 1) shut down, 2) unplug the computer, and 3) remove the battery for a minute or two. When I put it all back together, viola, the buttons across the top were working again.

It's simple, takes only a couple of minutes, and requires NO installing/uninstalling or other craziness. I'd give it a shot.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you try the following:

http://h20239.www2.hp.com/techcenter/HP_SystemCheck/hp_syscheck.htm

Let me know what it comes back with.

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks,
Michael

I am a HP Employee! Woot!
HP Recommended

my problem is solved!!!!

I m so happy

wifi was not work even tried so hard, finally i installed USB wifi adapter and my laptop is all set.

**bleep** to hp online chat supports. they said motherboard have problem and it cost $260. but it solved with $6.66 only.

thank god.

HP Recommended
I have this same model laptop and not only does the wireless network adapter fail to be recognized but it will not boot up to the HP screen at times causing me to reboot several times. The problem is the MoBo and HP knew this which is why they have placed an extended limited warranty on it.Of course I'm 3 months out of warranty so they want to charge $260 for a repair of something they knew was going to fail. I will notify all 953 clients of mine in addition to my friends and family never to purchase from such a dishonest, unscrupulous company that has forgotten the meaning of customer service. A Public relations blunder is all they have achieved in trying to resolve any of my issues.
HP Recommended

@julianmitch wrote:
I have this same model laptop and not only does the wireless network adapter fail to be recognized but it will not boot up to the HP screen at times causing me to reboot several times. The problem is the MoBo and HP knew this which is why they have placed an extended limited warranty on it.Of course I'm 3 months out of warranty so they want to charge $260 for a repair of something they knew was going to fail. I will notify all 953 clients of mine in addition to my friends and family never to purchase from such a dishonest, unscrupulous company that has forgotten the meaning of customer service. A Public relations blunder is all they have achieved in trying to resolve any of my issues.

They're misleading you. You can replace the wireless card, which can be found here:http://www.getpartsonline.com/407253-001.html or buy a USB dongle like: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833130066

I will not be buying another HP product because of these shady practices on top of clearly defective parts/manufacturing.

This line of laptops was a crap pile since they came off the assembly line, but we didn't know that until after we bought them and gave them a chance to brew.

HP Recommended

I brought USB wireless network adapter and its works best. however i also place an order for internal wifi card, i mean PCI-e card from ebay. reason why i m buying this..... batter connection with upgrade n-draft and batter range.

"Broadcom BCM4321" just enter this to ebay search bar and you can find batter one. i brought one for $21.00.

OR...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300351276446&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching click on this. this is same one that HP replacement part # 404159-001

enjoy

HP Recommended

Fact is that a new wireless card will NOT fix the problem that I have. We have tried 4 different cards, and NONE work. Here, the problem is the MOBO, not the card. HP admits that these MOBO's are faulty. Now our problem is that they want to CHARGE to fix the problem, but I will NOT pay them to do so. I would rather throw the computer in the scrap before I would give them that kind of money to fix it. This should be an automatic FREE repair. For me, HP has not credibility, since they knew of this problem, and should have fixed it for anyone who owns one of the affected computers.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.