HP Probook 470 G1 Wireless Button (420 Views)
Honor Student
JurijS
Message 1 of 4 (420 Views)

HP Probook 470 G1 Wireless Button

Hi, I am not entirely sure this is the right subforum to post this on, but here it goes.

I have a new Probook 470 G1 with Windows 7 64 bit and I have just installed the wireless driver (after some trouble finding it). Now the wifi works, but the button doesnt (or sometimes it does but does not change color). I noticed there is a driver for that button available for Windows 8, but not for Windows 7. Is there anyway to get a fix for this?

Thank you,

Jurij

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 4 (410 Views)

Re: HP Probook 470 G1 Wireless Button

Hi, Jurij:

Did you install the hotkey support driver?

I don't know if that will take care of the problem but you will need this anyway for the special function keys to work.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=5405417&sp...

Honor Student
JurijS
Message 3 of 4 (405 Views)

Hi Paul, 

I did install hotkey support, and the problem seems to persist. It is working more often than not, however, so I guess I will just leave it at that. 

Thank you for your help!

Jurij

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 4 (399 Views)

You're very welcome, Jurij.

I wonder what would happen if you installed the W8 wireless button driver...

I have read about this happening on other models too but no solutions that I am aware of.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation