Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Where can I find in Canada, the cable adapter-connector to hard-connect to the internet? Staples sold me the laptop, but doesn't seem to have the needed item. Wifi is sometimes slow at my end of the house, so this seems the best option. Or maybe a booster.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @waywardimages,

Your system did not come this a Ethernet LAN connection(from my original post). Therefore it is not something that you can do with this Notebook. A USB 3.0 GIGABIT ETHERNET ADAPTER is what you are looking for. I am sure if you search for this you will locate one.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @waywardimages,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your  HP Spectre 13 x360 Notebook and issues with the Network adapter being slow since the Windows 10 upgrade. Your system did not come this a Ethernet LAN connection. Here is a link to the troubleshooting the Wireless connection, if you need it.

If this continues I would change the Channel on the router. Routers are capable of communicating to your Notebook on several different channels. If your neighbours Wi-Fi is  on the same channel, your network speeds might have issues.

Some say this helps fix this problem Microsoft Fix it. 

Here is a link to help as well.

You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows 10.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed!

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi. Although I do appreciate your effort in trying to help, you did not answer my question. 😃

HP Recommended

I'm sorry, a little more info may be required. As I understand it, the thunderbolt type connection port on the right side of the laptop which shows a ++P label... is that not for hard-connecting to internet? If not, then the salesman misled me.

HP Recommended

Hey @waywardimages,

Your system did not come this a Ethernet LAN connection(from my original post). Therefore it is not something that you can do with this Notebook. A USB 3.0 GIGABIT ETHERNET ADAPTER is what you are looking for. I am sure if you search for this you will locate one.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

The ++P port is a "Mini-Display Port" for video only.

150px-DisplayPort_plus_plus_svg.png

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.