Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I read someone's recommendation to install the Intel wifi drivers and it has worked great so far. Go to the Intel site to download the driver update utility: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/

Worked great!

HP Recommended

Hi Guys!

I had the same problem with the 3 Week old/new Spectre x365 from my fiance. I'll try to present the problem + solution as simple as possible and well written, so that google can find it.

Problem:

After Booting and Login the Notebook "forgets" that he has a build-in WLAN Card with the newest installed Driver. 

The first, lets say for 10 seconds the Wifi-Connection is okay.

Then the Icon either disappears or it says Networkadapter disabled (Or something like that).

Then whatever you try to do, nothing. The Internetadapter (Networkcard) won't do his job.

Yes, i tried to reinstall the newest Driver and no, it didn't help.

After a while i thought, well f*** it. Lets see how this Notebook looks from inside 🙂

Loosen the screws and carefully taking the Cover away (Be careful when disconnecting it from the hinges)

When done, you should see the image below. In the upper left Corner you will find the Wireless-Card Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 and 2 black wires.

Open Notebook:WP_20160115_07_10_54_Pro.jpg

One is plugged in MAIN and the other in AUX. First, i thought "Hmm looks good, the wires are plugged in, nothing smells burnt. 

Then when i started move the cables, it made "KLICK" and the MAIN-Cable disconnected himself from the WLAN-Card.

First in panic i thought Sh***! I broke it 😮 And realized that i don't own a soldering Iron...

After calming down i just tried to plug it back to the base base again. 

KLICK and it was back in, and it doesn't move anymore.

Image Wireless-Card Zoom:

WP_20160115_07_10_58_Pro.jpg

After that, i controlled the rest of the motherboard and all the components but i couldn't find a thing who could provoke this situation.

I put the Cover back und screwed the screws back in and let boot up the Spectre x365, hoping i didn't provoked some ESD-Damage to the hardware. 

And...

Then it worked!

Since then the Network-Adapter didn't disappear anymore, and the problem was solved.

I hope that my little tutorial will help at least one person around the world who's experiencing the same or similar problem i had back then.

Greetings from the beautiful Switzerland and have a nice day 

Dan

HP Recommended

I have a Spectre 360 4105 and I had the same issues. I tried everything...reinstaled Windows, system image, rolled back the driver, uninstalled driver and updated driver...nothing worked. The laptop worked for 2 months and then stopped. I removed the back and noticed that one of the 2 wires that are supposed to be connected to the wireless card was disconnected. I reconnected the wire and it works! It is a simple fix to an issue that was driving me crazy. Hope that this helps.

HP Recommended

OK - was having a lot of wifi problems including 5G connectivity.  I opened up my HP Spectre and found the WIFI antenna wires touching each other - they are both metal non insulated connections that can swivel.  This probably explains why 2.4Ghz was working, albeit poorly.  5G would not connect at all.  

After moving the two metal swivell connector apart and no longer touching each other WIFI is working at breakneck speeds.  I think this was even causing overall wifi problems for nearby computers - everything is much better!

Just something to check if you've already tried drivers and other options.

HP Recommended

Similar problem here.  Opened up the back cover and found one of the antennae wires was disconnected.  I reattached it to the antenna lead and everything works perfectly well.  The photo in this thread perfectly illustrates the wires.  In my case, the wire on the left was disconnected.

Astonishing to me that HP would allow such an obvious and easily fixed manufacturing error to remain undetected.   Quality control on manufacturing needs work.

HP Recommended

Hello.. I was thinking about buy one HP Spectre computer but I saw your post and I wonder if finally did you solve the wifi issue. For your last post I believe it is steal without solution. Thanks for your information.

HP Recommended
Johesagui,
Yes...as pictured above, this solved the issue. I ended up putting electrical tape over the wires to prevent them from becoming disconnected again.
HP Recommended

Hey Dan, 

Thank you so much. After wasting way too much time with HP support on the phone, you have solved my issue. I can't thank you enough. HP owes you for this one.

and yes, I couldn't agree more about Switzerland!!

Cheers dude!

Kyle

HP Recommended

A year ago, HP told me my wifi issues were a sofware issue and I needed to pay for their service to solve my constant wifi drops.  I declined, and have had the internet service out to my house too numerous times to count, thinking it was their service.  They set me up with fiber optics and everything.  Still, I had problems.  Every few months, when I have some extra time, and it starts bugging me again, I look for a better solution.  Nothing ever made sense until this one. 

I had to order a tool set to get to the tiny star screws on the back, and son-of-a-gun if the main wifi wire was hanging loose, not connected at all.  It was a bugger getting it lined up on the spot to get it to connect, even with my lighted magnifying headset adn tools.  The wire is very stiff and didn't want to go. 

Yup!  I think I got it this time!!!  Thank you so much for the pics.  That was the deciding factor to go in. 

HP Recommended
Lallette,
If it happens again, and it will, what I ended up doing and I've not had any issues for over a year, was to run a piece of electrical tape along those WiFi connectors. I used quite a long piece of it too, to make sure that it wouldn't diaconnect....almost the entire length on the laptop.
Bobby
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.