Question

Tutor
johnip
Message 1 of 11 (274 Views)

HP envy 15-j004sa freezes during streamingstreaming problems

I recently purchased the HP envy 15 which runs Windows 8.1 and have been very disappointed with the streaming from BBC and Lovefilm. These are no problem on my desktop but, on the HP, the picture freezes every few minutes before continuing.

This is certainly not a wifi problem as we are talking about speeds of around 45 mbps  It can hardly be the processor as it is supposed to have an i7 which is much more powerful than my desktop 

I would certainly appreciate some help to identify the problem as there clearly is one

PhD Student
Toffy
Message 2 of 11 (268 Views)

Re: HP envy 15-j004sa freezes during streamingstreaming problems

Johnip

For Windows 8.1 you must install new Bios, Chipset and drivers, for installation deactivate Virusscanner.

Uninstall Nvidia

Reboot

Update the Bios

Reboot

Update Intel HD driver

Reboot

Install

new Nvidia driver

Your driver page

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4158&product=5399917&sw_la...

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

Tutor
johnip
Message 3 of 11 (260 Views)

Hi Toffy,

Thanks for your reply. before I go ahead, could i just check a couple of things.

When i follow your link, I am given a fairly long list of potential downloads. The ones which look like contenders are:

- Driver - chipset (4)

- Bios (1)

Another possible is Driver - graphics (2)

Which ones should I be downloading? I don't know if this is of any interest but my system info tells be that i have system BIOS: F.43  Is that a hardware thingy?

The other question concerns Nvidia. Should I delete all 3 Nvidia programs:

Nvidia graphics driver 331.65

Nvidia physx system software 9.12.1031

Nvidia update 1.11.3

For re-installing Nvidia, I presumbly use the Nvidia download site. When i request the geforce GT 740M download, will that automatically download all 3 programs?

Sorry to give such a long reply but I just wanted to make sure

Thanks

John

PhD Student
Toffy
Message 4 of 11 (253 Views)

[ Edited ]

johnip wrote:

Hi Toffy,

Thanks for your reply. before I go ahead, could i just check a couple of things.

When i follow your link, I am given a fairly long list of potential downloads. The ones which look like contenders are:

- Driver - chipset (4)

Update all

- Bios (1)

Another possible is Driver - graphics (2)

Intel HD Update the driver after Nvidia uninstall

Which ones should I be downloading? I don't know if this is of any interest but my system info tells be that i have system BIOS: F.43  Is that a hardware thingy?

Bios Fix NVIDIA device, deactivate Virusscanner for installation

The other question concerns Nvidia. Should I delete all 3 Nvidia programs:

Nvidia graphics driver 331.65

Nvidia physx system software 9.12.1031

Nvidia update 1.11.3

Remove all

For re-installing Nvidia, I presumbly use the Nvidia download site. When i request the geforce GT 740M download, will that automatically download all 3 programs?

no is included

Download

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/71706/en-us

or Beta driver

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/72576

and GeForce Experience

http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience

Sorry to give such a long reply but I just wanted to make sure

Thanks

John

after update install the new CyberLink PowerDVD Application

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64501-65000/sp64647.exe

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

Tutor
johnip
Message 5 of 11 (244 Views)

Hi Toffy,

Sorry to be a bit of a pain but there was one point where i was not completely clear:

When you said "update all" with reference to the HP driver downloads, did you mean update all 6 drivers plus the BIOS download from the site or did you just mean update all the HP updates that I had mentioned ie chipset, BIOS and graphics.

Thanks again for your help

John

PhD Student
Toffy
Message 6 of 11 (241 Views)

johnip

it's ok

After update check your windows power plan and create a new plan

Tutor
johnip
Message 7 of 11 (239 Views)

Hi Toffy,

I am sorry to make a saga out of this but i don't think you answered my question in the previous post about which HP drivers needed to be downloaded. Should i download all 7 drivers?

John

PhD Student
Toffy
Message 8 of 11 (232 Views)

[ Edited ]

johnip

Yes all 7en

new system have every time old drivers is normal

Tutor
johnip
Message 9 of 11 (211 Views)

Hello Toffy

I did the updating last night but it made no improvement, However. not I was not able to update everything:

From http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4158&product=5399917&sw_la...

- one ofthe 4 updates under Drivers - chipsets (intel rapid start tech driver) gave me the message "this computer does not meet the minimumstadndards for installing the software"

- one of the 2 updates under Drivers - graphics (Intel high definition graphics driver) came out with the message that that update was older than the one already in my computer so i decided not to update

Another thing i was not sure about from this website's drivers was that Drivers - Graphics had 2 updates: the intel HD graphics mentioned above and the Nvidia graphics.  But both of these (or at least sounds like these) are mentioned are mentioned as drivers to be updated later in the process from a different site so maybe i should not have updated them here (or attempted to in the case of Intel HD graphics)

Following these updates and a reboot I then attempted the subsequent updates:

- Intel HD driver (using a different website from above). But once again got the message "this computer does not meet the minimum standards for installing the software" I tried this from 2 different sources, both 64 bit windows 8.1, but got the ame answer each time

- i updated Nvidia from the Nvidia but was not sure if this was the same update as i had done earlier from the initial website

Net effect is that the computer is at least still working but certainly not any better than previously  

PhD Student
Toffy
Message 10 of 11 (206 Views)

[ Edited ]

"this computer does not meet the minimum standards for installing the software"

Please check the hide

Administrator Rights

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=ch&lc=de&dlc=de&docname=c03536369#N640

Please check your windows power plan and create a new plan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation