02-13-2014 09:09 AM
I did the updating last night but it made no improvement, However. not I was not able to update everything:
- one ofthe 4 updates under Drivers - chipsets (intel rapid start tech driver) gave me the message "this computer does not meet the minimumstadndards for installing the software"
- one of the 2 updates under Drivers - graphics (Intel high definition graphics driver) came out with the message that that update was older than the one already in my computer so i decided not to update
Another thing i was not sure about from this website's drivers was that Drivers - Graphics had 2 updates: the intel HD graphics mentioned above and the Nvidia graphics. But both of these (or at least sounds like these) are mentioned are mentioned as drivers to be updated later in the process from a different site so maybe i should not have updated them here (or attempted to in the case of Intel HD graphics)
Following these updates and a reboot I then attempted the subsequent updates:
- Intel HD driver (using a different website from above). But once again got the message "this computer does not meet the minimum standards for installing the software" I tried this from 2 different sources, both 64 bit windows 8.1, but got the ame answer each time
- i updated Nvidia from the Nvidia but was not sure if this was the same update as i had done earlier from the initial website
Net effect is that the computer is at least still working but certainly not any better than previously
Does your notebook have switchable graphics?
Instead of updating all of the drivers I would take a read of the forums for the websites you are streaming the videos from. Often you will find solutions to streaming issues there.
2015 Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- Resolving issues in Internet Explorer (Windows 8)
- Resolving Internet Explorer issues (Windows 7, Vista, XP)
- Resolving Broadband Internet connection problems (Windows 8)