HP envy spectre 14 Wireless problems (1866 Views)
Honor Student
sscini
Message 1 of 15 (1,866 Views)

HP envy spectre 14 Wireless problems

Hey guys, I recently bought the HP Envy spectre 14 more specfically this mode:

http://h20386.www2.hp.com/CanadaStore/images/14-3090CA.pdf

and i have had problems with the wireless problem from day 1. Honestly its a pretty big dissapointment considering i paid 1400$+ plus for this and i would expect better. I have contacted hp support assistant live chat but so far they have given me a useless solution. When i talked to them he basiaclly told me to take apart my computer by myself and manually reset the wireless card. A i dont really know how to do this and i dont want to mess anything up and B I dont think i should have too. 

My problem is with the intel centrino advanced-N 6230, basically what happens is randomly my internet connects and it says the driver is not there, or not working. I basically have to restart my computer to get the internet back up. I was wondering if you guys had any soulitions.

Pretty dissapointed with HP right now...

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 2 of 15 (1,823 Views)

HP envy spectre 14 Wireless problems

Have you tried using the HP Support Assistant?

There is an option in it for updates and tune-ups, which may help resolve your issue.

Here is a link to the tool if you do not already have it: http://goo.gl/cuq6D
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
rdmath
Message 3 of 15 (1,737 Views)

Re: HP envy spectre 14 Wireless problems

Did you ever find a solution to your problem? I'm having the same issue. I have coworkers with the same system that are having the same problem. One of them told me they thought it was a (wireless) driver problem, but HP dosn't have a solution for it yet. I'm getting really tired of restarting my system just to get back on the internet after letting the laptop go to sleep. 

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 4 of 15 (1,720 Views)

Hello rdmath,

Can you provide your specific product number?  I'd love to help you.

Thanks!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
rdmath
Message 5 of 15 (1,692 Views)

P/N: B7L59AV

I gave up last week and decided to do a factory restore that would never complete. The restore wouldn't complete off of the recovery partition or a recovery flashdrive I had made. I read others have a had the same problem and the thought was that the recovery media has a flaw. It's being shipped back to me now. I also complained about the wireless connectivity problems but I'm not sure they looked at that. The repair ticket just says "Can't install OS". I'll let you know if it's still not working when it returns to me. 

Thank you!

Honor Student
rdmath
Message 6 of 15 (1,691 Views)

The other odd thing was that HP saw a different product number when they ran the serial number. I also used the HP auto detect software during trouble shooting and it returned the same, different product number that HP support was seeing. Can't explain that!
Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 7 of 15 (1,670 Views)

Hello rdmath,

That is bizarre..I can't explain it either, but I see those situations daily!

Please let me know how everything is once you get your notebook back.  I hope they fixed it.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
uncle_ernie
Message 8 of 15 (1,516 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have had issues connecting with my Spectre 14 as well.  I was at a tech conference last week at a university and they gave us credentials for the campus wifi and I couldn't connect at all.  Everyone around me had Macs (with maybe 4 or 5 Dells) and they had no issues connecting.  I've had to mail mine in to the service center to be "fixed".  Although, if they are going to use the same parts that the thing was initially built with then I don't hold out much hope that it will actually work.  I tricked mine out and spent nearly $2000...I'm pretty sure my laptop will be a very very expensive paperweight in the near future.  Really sucks.

Honor Student
Donks
Message 9 of 15 (1,432 Views)

I opened my new Spectre 14 today, perfect, except that no wifi networks detected. Error 651, troubleshooting report 0x00028002 problem with wireless adapter or access point - not fixed.

Help!!
Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 10 of 15 (1,417 Views)

@Donks,

I understand your new Spectre is not detecting any networks reporting an error 651.  

What is the product number?  The following document will help locate this information.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?tmp_renderType=findModel&cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c00033108&...

If the system is using Windows 8, try the following steps to determine what the status of the wifi card is.

Press Windows Key + X.

Select device manager.

Expand the networking adapters category.

Is the wifi card listed with an error? If so, what is the status message for the card?

Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation