HP laptop will not connect to the internet wirelessly.... (1428 Views)
Student
Deemer21
Message 1 of 4 (1,428 Views)

HP laptop will not connect to the internet wirelessly....

I have an HP Pavilion laptop and it will not connect to the internet using my wireless router.  It will connect if I plug a network cable into the back of the router but not wirelessly.  It has always done this with certain networks.  I travel a lot and it will work in some hotels and not in others.  We just moved recently and now it will not work on our new home network.  I have another laptop at home that connects fine to the network wirelessly.  Anybody know what the problem might be?  I just find it odd that it will work hardwired but not wirelessly.  I took it in this morning to a computer place and it worked fine there.  HELP!!!!!

Student
lisa-hp-wireles
Message 2 of 4 (1,404 Views)

Re: HP laptop will not connect to the internet wirelessly....

wireless hp lap top will not connect to internet

Top Student
Glennmc7
Message 3 of 4 (1,324 Views)

There is a light on the top right side that shows if the wireless LAN is on or off and if this light is Blue this means that it is on and can connect but if Red it stands for off. To turn it on just swipe your fingers over the Mettle strip starting from where the power button is with all fingers touching the Mettle case all the way to the other side where the power cord is and this should turn the connection on to where it is Blue and it should work from there.

Student
RedfernCPA
Message 4 of 4 (402 Views)

Where is the discussion
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation