HP pavilion DV5-1150us cannot connect to wired internet. (1390 Views)
Honor Student
iceman600
Message 1 of 4 (1,390 Views)

HP pavilion DV5-1150us cannot connect to wired internet.

updated bios and drivers on the support drivers... OS windows 7 ultimate 64 Bit. I cannot connect to the internet using Ethernet cable... i dont know if it is broken or i have the wrong driver or something.... Is someone out there having the same issue as me? because sometimes i need to connect to wired esp on travel when there are no wireless offered but have Ethernet cables...

Grad Student
y2ken
Message 2 of 4 (1,377 Views)

Re: HP pavilion DV5-1150us cannot connect to wired internet.

The specs for that PC shows that it came with Vista. Did you upgrade to Win7 64? Did you install the Windows 7 64bit driver for your NIC?

Honor Student
iceman600
Message 3 of 4 (1,364 Views)

yes ... i update my OS to windows7 64

i did get the drivers from the support page. i did choose the windows 7 64 and then go to the network and dl the drivers there.

Grad Student
y2ken
Message 4 of 4 (1,355 Views)

Have you tried a different ethernet port on your router?

Have you tried a different ethernet cable or at least closely checked the one you have for damage?

Have you tried to see if you can connect using a different PC with the same ethernet cable connection and router port?

Have you tried bypassing the router and connecting directly to your modem?

Have you tried rebooting your modem and router?

Can you connect using "Safe Mode with Networking"?

Check 'Device Manager' to see if your NIC shows an error code.

Right click on your 'Computer' icon either on your Start menu or on your desktop then choose 'Properties' then 'Device Manager'.

Expand the 'Network Adapters' icon then right click on your NIC and choose Properties then the General Tab. In the Device Status box it should say "This device is working properly".

You can also right click your NIC in Device Manager and choose 'Update Driver' just in case there is a more recent driver available. You can do this using your wireless connection if neccesary.

You can also choose to 'Uninstall' you NIC then reboot. Windows will automatically find and freshly reinstall it which sometimes fixes a problem.

Hope these suggestions help. Gool luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation