Question

Honor Student
FrenchKat
Message 1 of 4 (3,535 Views)
Accepted Solution

Help my internet won't connect- wireless or ethernet cable

I have a major problem with connecting to internet- wireless or ethernet connection. For both cases there appears to be good connection (100%) for the network but the computor is unable to connect to the internet.

I have tried all obvious options to solve the problem- restarting; unplugging; internet antivirus turned off and on; the ip address is the same as required. Is there any way that I could have disabled the option to connect to the internet? Before the problem arose I could connect to the internet in public and private settings without any problem.

No changes to settings recently apart from trying to connect to a different network and needing to alter the setup to do this.

Any Ideas appreciated!

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 4 (3,525 Views)

Re: Help my internet won't connect- wireless or ethernet cable

Hi:

Check to make sure you didn't accidentally set your browser to work offline. On Internet Explorer there is an option to work offline and if you inadvertently select that instead of the exit menu, then you will not connect to the internet even if your network settings are enabled and working.

Paul

Grad Student
alt_164
Message 3 of 4 (3,494 Views)

If you are sure that internet service goes through, try to work on your web browser.

Reset your ie and check from there. here

Also, if you have another computer, try to download a different browser (firefox, google chrome) to a flash drive and run it on the problem laptop. See if you will get the same result there. Post back to report on what you got.

Honor Student
FrenchKat
Message 4 of 4 (3,445 Views)

Thankyou so much for your help!

I downloaded mozilla and it works!!!!!!!!!!!

Am very happy to be connected again with the world.

Again thankyou for taking the time to share your experience.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation