Hi, I have a HP Pavilion > just bought it!!! and I can't turn on the wifi..... (6656 Views)
Student
sjhoann
Message 1 of 5 (6,656 Views)

Hi, I have a HP Pavilion > just bought it!!! and I can't turn on the wifi.....

Hp Pavilion g6-1b60us>> charcole gray, 4ram , 500 gb

64 bit , windows 7

wifi light is orange , I can't get it to be blue>>> I went to device manager says everything is running properly and went to HP mobility , but nothing there is the wifi button off and it does not give me an option to turn it on!!! please help

let me know if i'm missing a driver and tell me which one and site so  I can download!! or if there's another way to turn it ON!!! please I really need help ASAP!!!!

Wifi Problemssssss:smileyhappy:

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 2 of 5 (6,646 Views)

Re: Hi, I have a HP Pavilion > just bought it!!! and I can't turn on the wifi.....

Are you connected to internet via wireless on this Notebook ?

You need to press either F12/ FN + F12 to turn ON/OFF the wireless on the Notebook. if the keys are not functioning install HP Quick Launch Software from here

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Student
LBOW127
Message 3 of 5 (4,731 Views)

Re: Hi, I have a HP Pavilion > just bought it!!! and I can't turn on the wifi.....

installed Quicklaunch Software...does absoultely nothing!!

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 4 of 5 (4,714 Views)

Have you tried downloading and installing the most recent version of the BIOS for your notebook?

Here is a link to the most recent version available: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-113123-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Tutor
KernowPhoto
Message 5 of 5 (4,704 Views)

I had the same problem - the WiFi Driver update dated 25/09/12 caused the problem in my case.

Right click on 'Computer' select 'Advanced' and open Device manager. Locate the WiFi Adapter and choose the 'Roll back driver option' to restore the previous driver - worked for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation