Question

Honor Student
Cún
Message 1 of 5 (2,154 Views)

How can I turn the virus protection in HP Support Assistant on? Tell me please, thank you <3

HP Pavilion dm4-1063cl Entertainment Notebook
Windows 7 64-bit
I want to turn the virus protection in HP Support Assistant on but I don't know how:smileyembarrassed:
If you know, please tell me, thank you very much:heart:

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 5 (2,132 Views)

Re: How can I turn the virus protection in HP Support Assistant on? Tell me please, thank you <3

Hi,

What security software have you installed on the notebook?  You can check this by opening windows Control Panel, open Action Centre and expand Security - this should list the Firewall, Antivirus and Spyware software you are currently using.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
DK3466
Message 3 of 5 (1,293 Views)

Re: How can I turn the virus protection in HP Support Assistant on? Tell me please, thank you <3

My computer is telling me that my virus protection is turned off. It gives me instructions to turn it back on. However,the instructions are useless. The tabs they tell me to click DO NOT appear. It keeps telling me that it is turned off. HELP before I return this computer and buy another kind.

HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 4 of 5 (1,246 Views)

Hello DK3466

If you could post a bit more information concerning your virus protection and your computer it would be helpful. You computer should have come with a trial version of a virus protection program. If you have had the computer beyond the trial date and have not purchased a license for the software it will automatically disable itself until you do. I am not saying this is the case but it may be it is hard to say without additional information.

As well, I would encourage you to post your product number for your computer. I am linking an HP Support document below that will show you how to find your product number. As well, if you could indicate which operating system you are using. And whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit as with this and the product number we can provide you with accurate information.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c00033108

Which Windows operating system am I running?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows/which-operating-system

Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c02033168

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
Honor Student
DK3466
Message 5 of 5 (1,228 Views)

I received your answer,but it didn't help at all. When I go to my control panel,there is no action center. I have searched and tried everything. I am boxing up the computer and taking it back. I will just buy another brand. Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation