Question

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 1 of 2 (1,622 Views)
Accepted Solution

How do I connect my Windows 8 system to a wireless network?

[ Edited ]

You may have a new Windows 8 system and need to connect it to a different wireless network, but can't seem to find how to do this.

This can be done fairly simply in Windows 8, but it is a little different.

Windows 8 has what is known as the Start screen.  This is the command center for Windows 8.

If you put the mouse cursur on the far right-side of the screen and click to drag it, there should be a panel that comes out.  This is the charms bar.

At the bottom of this is a settings option.  Click on this and the familir wireless network symbole from Windows 7 should be present.  This is how you can change what network it is connected to. 

This is also where you can easily enable and disable Airplane mode should you need to. This will be above the list of wireless networks that appears when you left-click on the wireless network symble in the settings charm.

There is another way to get connected to a network in Windows 8.  

If you prefer the more familiar method of Windows 7, you can open the Desktop app from the start screen to reveal the familiar system tray in Windows 7.  Simply click on the network symbol to show a list of available wireless networks to choose from.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 2 of 2 (1,621 Views)

Re: How do I connect my Windows 8 system to a wireless network?

I hope this information is useful.  :smileyhappy:

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation