Question

Student
magilla_26
Message 1 of 10 (7,087 Views)

How do I delete "hp-notebook" appended to home page URL

I bought a new HP Pavilion dm4 and whenever I go to my homepage www.msn.com, it appends "hp-notebook.us" so the URL reads "hp-notebook.us.msn.com".  On the tab for that window it says "MSN.com by HP Notebook".  What setting can I change so the HP Notebook stuff doesn't appear?

Grad Student
alt_164
Message 2 of 10 (7,078 Views)

Re: How do I delete "hp-notebook" appended to home page URL

Try to manually correct the home page by clicking tools on the ie browser, click internet options from the drop down list, change the url under home page to www.msn.com. apply then ok. Restart ie and check from there.

Honor Student
starbucks
Message 3 of 10 (7,019 Views)

[ Edited ]

that didnt help, i even deleted it from my registry,  my problem is that stupid HP has it set to msn-uk, i was just there, and now i can't even get back to the old annoying hp-crap.  do you need to know many #'s car insurance is?  i do, thanks HP!  leave me alone and let me control MY laptop

Honor Student
starbucks
Message 4 of 10 (7,016 Views)

[ Edited ]

I AM REALLY PISSED WITH THIS!  IT WAS ANNOYING BEFORE, BUT NOW I AM STUCK ON MSN_HP-UK, GET OUT OF MY COMPUTER.  I HAVE DELETED ALL COOKIES, WEBPAGES ALL THE ITEMS LISTED, AND STILL STUCK IN MSN-HP-UK.  BUT NOW!!!!! I DONT HAVE ANY HISTORY OR COOKIES LEFT[text removed]!

Honor Student
floridawhyme
Message 5 of 10 (6,986 Views)

COME ON THIS IS REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANNOYING - DO I NEED TO REFORMAT THE HD? REINSTALL WINDOWS? THROW THE **bleep** THING OUT THE WINDOW?  SOMEBODY - SOMEBODY - SOMEBODY MUST HAVE FIXED THIS PROBLEM. 

NEED TO KNOW WHAT OSBORNE (NOT OZZIE) SAYS ABOUT UK DEBT - I CAN TELL YOU. 

PLEASE - PLEASE HELP FIX THIS.........................................

Honor Student
floridawhyme
Message 6 of 10 (6,985 Views)

HEY, SOMEBODY CAN EDIT MY POST BUT NOT ANSWER THE **bleep** THING - GREAT SUPPORT AT HP - not

HP Admin
K_Saurabh
Message 7 of 10 (6,974 Views)

Honor Student
floridawhyme
Message 8 of 10 (6,959 Views)

thanks for the reply.  i tried those instructions too, no luck.  i am really pissed about this process from HP.  at this point msn.com is not functioning.   to save the MASTER - EDITOR - this is bs...

Student
meinflorida
Message 9 of 10 (6,797 Views)

is this forum monitored?

Student
AskJacq
Message 10 of 10 (376 Views)

I too have the same issie.  I have reset the homepage several times in the options and have even used Iobit system care to remove it. It's still there. How do I get HP from hijacking my browser? I truly resent this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation