Question

Student
dpetrzilka
Message 1 of 3 (12,697 Views)

How do I enable the WLAN on my HP G60-230US Notebook PC with Windows Vista

My WLAN was working fine, and then a new windows update shut down the Laptop and when it booted back up the WLAN is disable and I can't figure out where to enable it at.  Is it possible I need to reinstall the drivers for WLAN?

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 3 (12,693 Views)

Re: How do I enable the WLAN on my HP G60-230US Notebook PC with Windows Vista

[ Edited ]

Hi,

You can verify that your wireless driver is installed by going to control panel and device manager. Look at Network adapters. If you see your wireless controller there you can right click it and choose enable.

There is also a button on the upper part of the keyboard with a wireless icon. Press it..when wireless is on it should be blue.

see page three of this manual for an image of the keyboard.

The drivers for your laptop are here.

The instructions from HP on reinstalling the original drivers to get the hardware devices working ar...

regards,

erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
daveaustintx
Message 3 of 3 (12,650 Views)

Re: How do I enable the WLAN on my HP G60-230US Notebook PC with Windows Vista

Try this open start/settings/control panel/device manager go through each and every device category and expand looking for asterick indicating non fuctioning devices (due to lack of or improper driver being installed you will find option to try to reinstall rollback, relocate replace or delete driver for the item wlan devices are often USB type and will be a subcategory under USB hubs if driver is not working/installed) you may need to try to manually enable the wlan via device manager keep in mind that wifi must usually be off when wimax or 3g or 4g wlan on , if hardware disable switch is off then you will have no wifi or wlan wireless connectivity.

Worst case right click on computer go to properties then do a restore to a point before things wacked out on you.

Best wishes for a merry Xmas!

dpetrzilka wrote:

My WLAN was working fine, and then a new windows update shut down the Laptop and when it booted back up the WLAN is disable and I can't figure out where to enable it at.  Is it possible I need to reinstall the drivers for WLAN?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation