Question

Honor Student
Far_Traveler
Message 1 of 5 (396 Views)

How do I turn on local print spooler in windows 8

I originally set up my HP 5520 printer with a wireless connection to my HP Envy 23 with windows 8.  It printed and scanned fine.  Today I turned on the system and tried to print an email and I get the message that the local print spooler is not running.  I have gone into the system to verify this.  It is enabled but not running.  How do I start the spooler up?  I used the print and scan utility and the printer will scan. 

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 5 (379 Views)

Re: How do I turn on local print spooler in windows 8

Hi,

Can you see the Spooler in Sercices tab under Task Manager ? Is it running ? If not, just right click and Start it.  Please watch the following video which shows you how to get it up with Windows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgQyog7skeE

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Far_Traveler
Message 3 of 5 (376 Views)

Hi,  I attempted to the video and followed the instructions.  The result was that when I got to the part about restart, the restart was grayed out and the only thing that worked was the start button.  The result was a message that said "Windows could not start the print spooler service on local computer.  Error 1068.  The dependency service or group failed to start."

I also tried to stop the print spooler but no reaction.  I checked the local dependency group and the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) was running but I could not find the HTTP Service.

Student
Smgarza17283
Message 4 of 5 (311 Views)

Hello,

I am having the same problem, can someone please help quick!?

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 5 of 5 (285 Views)

What model of printer are you using?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation