Sweetzoe4eva
Message 1 of 27 (125,824 Views)
Accepted Solution

How do i turn on wireless capability?

[ Edited ]

I have a HPG6000 (G6065EA) Notebook PC

p/n: KH948EA#ABU

Windows Vista

It says to turn on the wireless  capability, but i don't know how to. I tried press Fn + F2 but it doesnt work. The only way i can use internet it by connecting my iPhone internet to the the laptop. PLEASE HELP :smileysad:

[Serial number removed for privacy]

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 27 (125,816 Views)

Re: How do i turn on wireless capability?

Hi:

Please see the link to the notebook tour guide below.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01212221.pdf

See page 7.  There is a switch on the front of the notebook, labeled # 4, which you must have inadvertently switched off.

Paul

Honor Student
Sweetzoe4eva
Message 3 of 27 (125,755 Views)

u were no help :smileyindifferent: there was button next to headphones at the bottom of the laptop

Teacher
Kuerten1
Message 4 of 27 (125,729 Views)

Hi Sweet. Check the location. The wireless switch is at the bottom left,next to the wireless light. The headphones jack is at the bottom right. 

Student
nyxthin
Message 5 of 27 (125,126 Views)

there is a wirless light indicator but no switch
Honor Student
Lambiemom
Message 6 of 27 (108,037 Views)

Re: How do I turn on wireless capability on an HP Pavilion g series laptop?

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 7 of 27 (107,778 Views)

It's often a key combo, like Fn, F2. One of the keys along the top will have a wireless icon.

Some G series notebook have the wireless icon on the F12 key. If you press down on that you should be able to turn the wireless function on. 

Also, as I mentioned above some notebooks you will need press the Fn key, Just to the left of the spacebar and at the same time, whichever Function key has the wireless icon on it.

You can try those steps and also provide me with the full model name of your notebook, I will provide you with the manual and if none of the steps above work I can find out how to turn on the wireless capability.

THX

Student
Umoya
Message 8 of 27 (96,145 Views)

Hi there

I m struggling with a (HP 620 intel celeron) notebook that just won't pick wireless signal after I installed a new windows & pro .  

It keeps telling me to turn on WIRELESS CAPABILITY, which I have no clue where to find it.

Many thanx in advance

Umoya

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 9 of 27 (95,796 Views)

@umoya,

I understand that you cannot use your wireless after installing Windows & Pro.  I take it the & should be a 7.  If this is incorrect, please let me know.  I'm not certain which wifi card this particular unit has (it could be one of many), but be sure it has the newest wifi card driver for the system and the card from here.

The wifi toggle is typically F12 on consumer model notebooks, but it may be different for commercial products.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
Manhhienlanh
Message 10 of 27 (95,536 Views)

What if my keyboard dumbed. How could i turn on that button :smileysad:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation