01-22-2011 08:32 PM
Ok i just got this laptop brand new a few weeks ago and the wifi is broken it keeps disconnecting i cant leave the room with the router in it and the speed is really slow compared to other laptops in the house that work fine wireless
This question was solved. View Solution.
01-23-2011 03:10 AM
I have exactly the same problem with this model and all three other laptops in the house including an old HP one work without any problems at all. I have checked all the adapter settings etc and they are identicle which leads me to conclude that the realtek wireless adapter must be at fault. Trouble is that I've now got everything set up on the new laptop after weeks of transfer and configeration and cannot be without it as I use it for essential work !!!
01-24-2011 03:54 PM
Found the problem, Heres what i did i went into router settings and changed the Radio Type from 802.11b/g/n to 802.11g it was connecting on 802.11n before i did this. And now i have no problems for the last few hours so all seems to be fixed
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- Resolving issues in Internet Explorer (Windows 8)
- Resolving Internet Explorer issues (Windows 7, Vista, XP)
- Resolving Broadband Internet connection problems (Windows 8)