Question

Honor Student
greenmonster
Message 1 of 81 (5,058 Views)

Hp Hdx16t mediasmart bar problems WiFi turns on and off by itself

Hi I have a HP Hdx16t laptop and occasionally for no reason at all the Wireless button goes on and off by itself. Also the Bass and Treble will go up and down by itself. What is causing this problem!? Thanks in advance.

Matt

Student
Atlus
Message 2 of 81 (5,017 Views)

Re: Hp Hdx16t mediasmart bar problems WiFi turns on and off by itself

I have the same issue, I really would like to know if this is a common issue that HAS a solution or if I got a faulty laptop lol The wireless button on the mediasmart bar goes on and off, and the treble and bass will go nuts at random which is annoying lol. Anyone got any solution?
Honor Student
what-ever
Message 3 of 81 (5,008 Views)

Ok, finally, been reading through here for a few weeks now and think this was the first post with the same problem as I am having

watching my bass and treble jump around, my net work go on and off is driving me nuts.

any help to fix this will make me happy, please help

Student
caing
Message 4 of 81 (4,889 Views)

I am having the same problem.  Wifi going off and on randomly all the time.  Seem to happen most often when i first put on finger on the track pack.  then the volum/bass/treble screen popup and volume, bass or treble goes up and down randomly.

HDX16 / Win7 x64 Ultimate.

HP - Please help resolve this.  The computer is nearly useless and SOOOO frustrating to use.  PLEASE HELP.

Tutor
sockstar
Message 5 of 81 (4,768 Views)

Yep, I'm having the same problem.  I've talked to HP customer support and they said to update the driver and the BIOS.  I'll let you guess what happened...NOTHING.  They said that they wanted me to send in the computer for technical diagnostics and hardware replacement.  Oh, it'll take 2-3 weeks to do that.  It is quite frustrating, especially when it does it while I'm even typing up this...

You can kill the Treble/Bass/Volume from doing its thing by ending the process for the "HP MediaSmart Buttons" in the task manager.  I haven't quite figured out how to fix the wireless turning on and off.

Come on HP!  We bought you because we knew you made good stuff.  Don't disappoint us.  Come out with a fix!

Student
medicdiver
Message 6 of 81 (4,640 Views)

I am having the same issues with my HDX16t.  Volume and Treble/Bass control goes nuts.  If you even breath on the bar it will go up and down for approx 30 seconds, rendering the cpmputer useless for that time.  I know of two other friends who have the same computer and one who has the 18" screen version.  Both of them are having the same problems with theirs as well.  HP has no fix for it other than to pay to ship your computer all over the country and be without it for 3 weeks or so.

Tutor
sockstar
Message 7 of 81 (4,631 Views)

I just got my notebook back from HP.  I got it in at the tail end of it's warranty but they replaced the keyboard retainer (I assume that means the buttons and stuff) and flashed my hard drive back to factory.  I installed everything back on it and installed Windows 7 on it too.  I haven't had any problems yet.

Student
wheatharvest
Message 8 of 81 (4,413 Views)

[ Edited ]

I think the problems with the media smart bar have something to do with static electricity. Try removing the power cord and battery; and then hold down on the power button to drain residual off the laptop. Seems to help mine.

Intern
bonesdad
Message 9 of 81 (4,356 Views)

sockstar, I'm about at the same point with hp...they are sending a recovery disk to me and I will reformat to Vista then upgrade to Win 7 again.  How has yours been holding up since you did that?  Any more problems?

Intern
bonesdad
Message 10 of 81 (4,332 Views)

There are many such posts around the HP forums.  If you have this problem, please post it here...and contact HP support directly.  They are aware of this problem and need to hear about it from customers.  On this forum, we are all just complaining to each other!:smileymad:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation