Question

Honor Student
luneki
Message 1 of 2 (1,450 Views)

Hp Pavilion G6 Wi-Fi Button Problem

Hi, i have a Pavilion G6 with windows 8 installed, it originally came with windows 7, 2 months ago i updated to windows 8 and updates drivers and everything was working fine, today i had to turn wi fi off with the button (F12) and now it won't turn on, i read http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Wireless-Internet-Home-Networking-e-g-Windows-8/Consumer-Notebooks-and-... AFTER i updated my BIOS with the update from january 30, i checked previous versions of the BIOS, and there is one that adds support to the button, i remember having it installed when i installed windows 8, but anyway, should i downgrade the BIOS with the one adding support to the button? is there any way with the most recent update (the january one)? how do i reactivate the wifi? in the device manager it shows that it is connected and working properly, just not activated.
The card is Broadcom 4313GN, i also updated the driver today after i updated the BIOS.

Distinguished Professor
AxshunJaxun
Message 2 of 2 (1,394 Views)

Re: Hp Pavilion G6 Wi-Fi Button Problem

Hey luneki, 

I'm sorry you're running into this wifi button issue. Sometimes a Hard Reset can fix strange issues. It drains all of the electricity out of the unit and gives it a fresh boot state. 

Hard Reset
  • Shutdown
  • Remove the AC Adapter, Battery and anything else that may be connected
  • Press and hold the Power button for 15 seconds
  • Reinsert the Battery and AC Adapter
  • Power on. Let Windows load and see if wireless works. 

What is your full model name/product number? (How to find my full model name/product number)
What version of Windows 8 is this? Is it Pro by any chance?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation