Question

Top Student
Warren1234
Message 1 of 10 (340 Views)

Hp envy m6 sleekbook wireless issues

I purchased the above computer approx 3 months ago and have wireless issues from day 1. I have windows 8 64bit installed (windows 8.1 will not install). Every day my wirless connection will drop out, the computer will then fail to recognize any available networks and nothing will work in network adapter settings. If I reboot the system a few times I will eventually be able to disable the wireless adaptor and then enable it and the wirless will work again. But for less than a day.

I have spoken to HP on numerous occasions. We have reset the bios, uninstalled and reinstalled various wireless and network drivers and even done a factory reset...... Nothing has solved the issue. When running trouble shooting it either says everything is fine or that I need to check my network cable, but none exist as I am fully wireless. As an FYI I have multiple other divides in the house that all work fine and I've had my Internet provider do a full check up and replace my modem.

Please can someone help me. My gut feeling is that it is some kind of confusion between Microsoft and hp updates?
HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 10 (310 Views)

Re: Hp envy m6 sleekbook wireless issues

Hi Warren1234,

I'd like to help you resolve this wireless issue. Use the following document to troubleshoot, but if you complete all the steps and still cannot connect to the wireless network, contact HP for support again. Keep in mind, because you have only had the notebook for approximately 3 months, it would still be covered under warranty.

Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)

When you open the link, select 'Cannot connect to the wireless network or to the Internet'. Although you can sometimes connect to the Internet and the issue is intermittent, following these steps should help to resolve the issue.

If you would like me to do additional research specific to your model, please post back with your product or model number. There are 8 HP ENVY m6 Sleekbooks. How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

I hope this helps.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
Warren1234
Message 3 of 10 (306 Views)

Hi Sunshyn2005,

Thank you for replying.

I have taken all troubleshooting steps that HP have to offer multiple times, with no success.

I have speant the last few days reading online forum's and can see that this seems to be a recurring issue with this model of computer.

The only 'solution' that I have seen posted and that has been responded to as an actual fix by users is to disable all blue tooth and to change the power options on the bluetooth driver in device manager to max performance. This really isn't a great solution as the new computer now doesn't have blue tooth capabilities.... although it does now have wireless capability. I'm confused as if this is the case, why HP haven't recalled these models and supplied new computers with the fix?

I need to use the laptop for a few more days to see if the fix has actually worked.

In the mean time here is my Product number: E0K46UA#ABL. I look forward to your response and any further solution you may have on this issues.

Again, thank you so much for responding and trying to help.

Warren

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 4 of 10 (301 Views)

Hi Warren1234,

I checked the HP page for updates, and found some that may help. I am uncertain of which wireless adaptor you have installed so my recommendation is for you to either select your network driver (if you know it) from the following link and update the driver, or open the link and select 'Scan now'.

Choosing 'Scan Now' will scan your system for out-of-date and missing drivers and software.

Here is the link: HP ENVY TouchSmart m6-k054ca Sleekbook Drivers.

Here is an image to help you find the Scan Now feature.

Scan now2.JPG

I hope this helps.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
Warren1234
Message 5 of 10 (294 Views)

Thanks again for your help, but I have already done this approx 5 times, most of which with a HP tech guys assistance on the phone. And sorry but it does not solve the issue.

Do you have any other thoughts?

Thanks

Warren

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 6 of 10 (263 Views)

Hi Warren1234 ,

I think at this point the best next step would be to update the firmware on the router. If you need assistance with this, please post back with your router model number.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
Warren1234
Message 7 of 10 (260 Views)

HI,

I have a telus modem that runs my tv, internet etc..... is this waht you need. As an FYI I just got it replaced with a brand new one, just in case that was the issue and as with the old modem, my issue persists. And as with the old modem all other devices work fine.

A HP tech also updated my bios on my computer a week or so ago, so my computers firmware should be up to date, is that correct? I think the firm ware on my computer is (SCSI\DiskATA_____HGST_HTS541010A9A590), I got this by going to device manager, device drivers, hardware ID's, HGST_HTS541010A9E680.

My Network adapters are;

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230.    Driver is Intel 15.10.3.2 (date 2013-08-22)

Realtek PCIe GBE Family COntroller      Driver is REaltek 8.14.327.2013 (date 2013-03-27)

Let me know what you need exactly and thanks again.

Warren

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 8 of 10 (255 Views)

Hi Warren1234,

It is actually the router/modem I hoped to update. Can you contact Telus to ensure there is no update available for the modem. Sometimes even a new product can have an available firmware update.

You did mention on Jan 29th that you had found a potential solution. "The only 'solution' that I have seen posted and that has been responded to as an actual fix by users is to disable all blue tooth and to change the power options on the bluetooth driver in device manager to max performance. This really isn't a great solution as the new computer now doesn't have blue tooth capabilities.... although it does now have wireless capability. I'm confused as if this is the case, why HP haven't recalled these models and supplied new computers with the fix?

I need to use the laptop for a few more days to see if the fix has actually worked."

Has this so far worked for you?

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
Warren1234
Message 9 of 10 (251 Views)

The solution with the bluetooth did not work actually.

On another forum, this time concerning the wireless adapter card, they suggested changing the wireless mode in th eproperties to 802.11g. I did this last night and have not had an issue since, but I'll no more in the next few days.

I will contact telus to see if there is an update to the firmware.

I truely believe it is a bug in the Intel wirless card or a conflict with one of the drivers.

Thanks

warren

Top Student
Warren1234
Message 10 of 10 (246 Views)

I have spoken with Telus and there are no firmware updates.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation