Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I got an HP Envy 17  j020us laptop in December, since it has Windows 8 on it and I can't get it to print, I haven't used it much. Now, I really need to get this computer fully functional. I have tried to reload the Windows 8 drivers for my Epson Artisan 810 wireless printer several times, but it still won't work.  I do not sit in the same room with the printer, but neve before have I had to my printer settings to get it to print.

I see that i am not the only person with these problems. I have had the computer too long to take it back or that is what would happen. My 8 year old Toshiba with Vista never gave me these problems.

Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

AmeeC,

Welcome to the HP Forum.

It does appear that Windows 8 drivers are supported for that Epson printer, at least.  It appears that the drivers should install.

Epson Artisan 810 Drivers

The question is:

How can the HP Forum be of assistance to you in tracking down a problem with an Epson printer?

I took a look at the Troubleshooting guide -- it looks helpful was actually very easy to follow. 

• Have you tried the tips and found them wanting in detail or useful suggestions?
  • Have you tried contacting Epson Support?

I am not sure I understand the comment about printer settings, so please bear with me.

"[sic]but neve before have I had to my printer settings to get it to print."

I am not at all sure it matters that one has never had to adjust printer settings before -- different Operating Systems require different setups and different responses from the user.    The new Epson driver for Windows 8 may require that you do something different to manage the printing software.  I know that the new drivers for the fine HP printers are much smarter than in previous years -- this is as much about the printer technology as about the newer Windows Operating System; the point is that things do change.

I suggest you double check the Troubleshooting guide on the Epson driver site -- and perhaps take another look at the FAQs.

Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up!

It is a nice way to say “Thank You" for the help.

Although I strive to reflect HP's best practices, I do not work for HP. 

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Good afternoon.  I have hp laptop and a epson printer . Ive tried to print something, its not working.  I have no tower,  but have the Cd that came with the printer. 

HP Recommended

@Raj203

Our HP Community cannot help with Epson printer installation -- the Drivers, should they be available for your Operating System, will likely be found at the Epson Printer Site.  From what I have found, the Epson site provides good information and easy-to-follow documentation.

If your printer is no longer supported, that is, there is not a Driver for your current Version of the Operating System, you might be able to use a Windows Driver that can provide basic print function.

Although the specifics in the Dragon document (below) reflect the steps for installing an HP printer, the Windows procedure to "Add a Printer" is likely similar for printers of other brands.  Extrapolate the information and adjust the entries for your printer model.  You can also look on the Internet for how the procedure works -- use your search engine and look for keywords "Add a Printer".

Reference

Dragon Document - Help, suggestions, video links, and examples:

Install Full Feature Software - Printer

Topic / Subject:

Add a Printer – The Printer I want isn’t listed

Good Luck.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.