HpConnectionManager.exe (3793 Views)
Honor Student
aondolumun
Message 1 of 5 (3,793 Views)

HpConnectionManager.exe

this message appears every time i boot my new pc - Hp Pavilion dv4 notebook Running Windows 7 Home edition Premium

HpconnectionManager.exe cannot load assembly: carlshared, version=3.5.1.1, culture=neutral publickeyToken= 9c6f83d5b7f3d097 The application will now close

Student
ronmac43
Message 2 of 5 (3,767 Views)

Re: HpConnectionManager.exe

I had the same problem. 

I went into the control panel

clicked on Programs and features

scrolled down to hp connection manager and selected it

then i clicked on REPAIR at the top of the screen

it did it's thing 

my problem was solved

Then i went to start - all programs an selected HP connection Manager

after it started i selected Prefferences

then General and unchecked    LOAD ON STARTUP

If you have problems with wireless connections you can manually start up the connection manager

and see what is or isn't connected.

Honor Student
Kendrick_Lee
Message 3 of 5 (3,427 Views)

Fails on start-up consistently.  I like your solution, but once it has failed and closed, attempting to re-load and re-start HPConnection Manager, it [not the computer] locks up.  But if I can get into it, I'll try your solution.  My error msg. is 80080005.

Student
aassami
Message 4 of 5 (791 Views)

hi,

i'm having the same problem. any help ?

Honor Student
Kendrick_Lee
Message 5 of 5 (773 Views)

Plausible approach, but I encountered two problems.  1.  Could not locate HPCM in Progreams & Features; much else HP, but not this one. 

2.  Had the same problem another person found:  HPCM locks up -- will not proceed beyond the opening screen.  Computer does not lock up, but HPCM does.  Takes about 5 mins for it to finally display the error box.  Task Mngr can "close" the program, but in fact HPCM only closes once the error msg finally displays. 

Error msg:  Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {24DB46C8-4E91-9AC4-8A9525A5551D} failed due to the following error: 80080005.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation