Question

Honor Student
mscslf516
Message 1 of 4 (12,255 Views)
Accepted Solution

I can't get my wireless to turn back on! help!

I have an hp pavilion dv6z-6c00 and I cannot get its wireless to work.  I've checked the wifi on other computers and I know that's not the problem.  I could get the internet to work with an ethernet cable, but I can't get the wifi to turn back on.  The wifi button at the top of my computer is orange, which i believe means that the wifi is off, and when I push it nothing happens!  I would really love it if someone could give me a hand!  I've only had this laptop for a month and I'm very distressed that I'm already having a problem!  Please help!

Associate Professor
parvez_tech
Message 2 of 4 (12,249 Views)

Re: I can't get my wireless to turn back on! help!

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Did you perform a Hard Reset? If not try this..helps to fix many issues..

How to Perform Hard Reset

If this doesnt help then try these..

Sometimes it might happen if the wireless moves little bit..If problem continues then just reseat it once..

{Instructions to reseat the WLAN card is under Component removal procedures}

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
If you have HP Support Assistant installed on the computer(The Blue Question Mark) then open it ==> Complete all pending Updates & Tuneups==> Restart and Check. It may solve your problem
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
**Click on “Kudos” Star if you think this reply helped**
Honor Student
mscslf516
Message 3 of 4 (12,237 Views)

Thank you oh so very much.  One of the links you provided was just what I needed.  I really appreciate your help!

Top Student
cbchase
Message 4 of 4 (12,186 Views)

Hi,

I have an HP computer and the wireless device is gone.  It was working one moment and not the next.  I have VISTA on my computer.  How do I get it working again.

Thanks for any help that can be offered.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation