Question

Top Student
HpRik
Message 1 of 2 (452 Views)

I can't paste files in pendrive?

When i copy a file from my computer and try to paste in pendrive, a dialog box opens and says "You need permission to perform this action". I am using my personal laptop and I am opening via administrator account then I still need permission. Why? I clicked on try again, tried to take ownership but same problem. Please solve this problem. How can i again paste files in pendrive?

P.S. I DONT HAVE ANY OTHER ACCOUNT IN COMPUTER AND THIS THING HAPPENS ONLY IN PENDRIVE. I HAVE TRIED OTHER PENDRIVES ALSOs.png

Untitled.png

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 2 of 2 (412 Views)

Re: I can't paste files in pendrive?

Hi HpRik. Have you tried reformatting the thumb drive? Does it happen with other thumb drives?
I searched for answers using the title of your error "Destination Folder Access Denied".
I have found a Microsoft post regarding this issue with a possible USB fix, and a registry fix.

Unable to Write/Delete data on External USB disk in Windows 7:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/7710dab8-863a-44d0-93ad-dfe93aa3af2a/unable...

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation