INTERNET EXPLORER WONT WORK (3667 Views)
Honor Student
chorley
Message 1 of 8 (3,667 Views)

INTERNET EXPLORER WONT WORK

When i click on internet explorer it comes on but then closes immediately so i cant use it at all.Also when i click on internet options in control panel nothing happens so i cant even change any settings to try and fix it.I've tried doing a system restore but that doesn't help.I've been trying to fix it for ages but don't everything i've tried hasn't worked so can someone please help me to fix this problem.
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 8 (3,636 Views)

Re: INTERNET EXPLORER WONT WORK

Hi,

Uninstall google toolbar and yahoo toolbar.

How to do it:

go to control panel ianstall or uninstall programs find this programs on the list and delete them.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Honor Student
chorley
Message 3 of 8 (3,621 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have looked on the list you said but google and yahoo toolbar are not on it so is there something else i can try to fix the problem please?The problem is on a compaq mini 702EA and i'm using Windows XP and its internet explorer 7.When it first broke an error message kept coming up saying it has encountered an problem and needs to close but now the screen just pops up and goes off straight away.

Message Edited by chorley on 04-09-2009 03:59 AM
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 4 of 8 (3,610 Views)

Try Tools->Internet options->viewed history 

and choose delete->delete all

or

Reinstall java drivers manually.

or

Go to Tools->Internet options-> programs

choose manage addons-> downloaded addons

Invidualy switch off every addon and find that which makes problem uninstal it and install again.

When you will switch off any of them restar explorer.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Honor Student
chorley
Message 5 of 8 (3,605 Views)

I can't get tools on because i can't get internet explorer on.It comes up sometimes but as a blank screen and with no menu bar and i still cant do anything.How do i reinstall the java drivers?
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 6 of 8 (3,600 Views)

Hi,

Control panel/install and uninstall programs find java on the list uninstall. Then enter this site and install again java.

Honor Student
chorley
Message 7 of 8 (3,596 Views)

When i click on your link to reinstall it won't open like internet explore won't.A blank screen pops up and then goes off again so i can't do that either but thanks for trying to help.Don't know what to try now.
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 8 of 8 (3,585 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Scan your compuer with antivirus program and also antispyware.

Downlad and install Spybot - Search & Destroy from here.

On first run You will be asked to set few things. Please don't choose there anything. Just skip this part.

When program will finally start click in menu (which is upper part of this program) on ' Mode ' and select there ' Advanced mode '.

On the left side of this program choose ' Settings ' and from the list which will appear click on ' Settings ' again.

In main window please change three things:

• ' Desktop icon ' - check here ' Advanced mode '
  • ' Scan priority ' set on ' Time Critical '
  • ' Expert settings ' - enable here by checking ' Show experts buttons in results list ' and ' Show experts button in recovery list '

Choose from left panel this time ' Spybot - S&D ' and then click on ' Update ':

You will see full list of servers from which You may download all updates for this program. Choose nearest server and install them all. Now You should close this program and run it again with icon which You have now on Your desktop.

After this step You should check again is there any more updates available.

• If yes - then do everything what You did here for the first time. 
  • If not - then do what's written below.

Choose ' Search & Destroy ' icon. Click on ' File sets ' and choose from the options there ' Select all avaible checks '.

Now You may start scanning by clicking on ' Check for problems ' icon.

When this process will be done choose ' Select all ' option and then from the list point on ' Fix selected problems '.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation