Question

Honor Student
dcpeterson
Message 1 of 5 (6,804 Views)

Intel ® My WiFi Technology has been configured with a non-suported profile.

The following notice keeps popping up on my monitor.  How do I eliminate this?

Intel ® My WiFi Technology has been configured with a non-suported profile. Instead, the default  profile will be used.

Tutor
tbirdvet
Message 2 of 5 (6,406 Views)

Re: Intel ® My WiFi Technology has been configured with a non-suported profile.

I get the same message since I got my PC(DM4).  I called HP tech support and they had no idea but wanted to chargee me a tech fee to figure it out.  No thanks!

Student
Hellion
Message 3 of 5 (6,285 Views)

Hi there, 

I was having this problem too, just fixed it with these steps:

1. Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Manage Wireless Networks > Adapter Properties > Sharing Tab >  Allow Other Networks to Connect

2. Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections> Enable Wireless Network Connection 3

Hope this helps!

Tutor
tbirdvet
Message 4 of 5 (6,278 Views)

On my DM4 the only way I got the system to work correctly was to go to the Intel web site and download the WIFI program again and reinstall.  There was something wrong with the program that came with my PC.  I could never get the WIDI program to work corectly.

Student
NetgearRob
Message 5 of 5 (4,356 Views)

I was getting this message also when trying to start the Intel WiDi service.  To fix it, I went to an Intel support page at:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/wireless

Click on the "Check your system for the latest updates" button, it will detect the drivers you currently have and update  if necessary.  (You do not have to un-install the old drivers first.) 

After installing the new driver(s) it asked me to type in the four digit code showing on my TV screen and everything works great now.  No more annoying message about a non-supported profile. 

(Sometimes when I start the WiDi service I get a brief message that the Intel WiFi is not enabled, but that goes away in a few seconds,  and the WiDi connects without further ado.)

After putting up with this annoying problem for months, I stumbled upon the exact right webpage to address the issue and I encourage you to do the same. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation