Question

Honor Student
sirod18_tu
Message 1 of 16 (11,732 Views)

Internet Connection slow on HP Envy 14 Spectre

Hey there my internet connection on my  HP Envy 14 Spectre is super slow even though my internet access is fine.  Out of all the computers in my house this one has the slowest download and upload speed which  is less than 1.5mbps.

My Intel Wifi Technology is enabled and fine, my router is also fine and there seems to be no problems but my internet connection sucks.  

Anything would help me out, thanks. 

Student
mikep-sc
Message 2 of 16 (11,505 Views)

Re: Internet Connection slow on HP Envy 14 Spectre

I have (or had) the same issues with my Spectre Ultrabook.  All computers in my household connect via WIFI and   they are performing (speedwise) exceptionally well. The Ultrabook was another story.  It remined of a ten year computer's wireless speed back when we used the "b" standard.  Non the less, I wasn't pleased.  I updated all the wireless drivers, updated the BiOS, moved the computer closer to my router with no luck.  I finally gave in and called the HP help line and they did a complete reimage from the restore disk.  Believe it or not, the problem was resolved and the ultrabook runs as fast a my other computers.    

My advice, call their technical help desk and have them lead  you through a total system restore.

Top Student
Noman_Subhani
Message 3 of 16 (11,041 Views)

I have the same issue with my 

HP Envy 14 Spectre (Core i5 2467M Processor 1.6GHz, 4GB RAM)

what is the solution ?

Top Student
Noman_Subhani
Message 4 of 16 (11,040 Views)

I restored my system to factory setting but still faces the same problem. 

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 5 of 16 (11,011 Views)

Hello everyone,

This may not be your exact model, but the troubleshooting steps remain the same.  Take a look at this document and select your specific scenario and follow the troubleshooting steps.  Please let me know if this helps.

If you do reply, please let me know your specific product number.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Top Student
Noman_Subhani
Message 6 of 16 (11,004 Views)

hello,

here is my product number

B1J91EA#ABU

HP Envy 14-3000ea SPECTRE

Thanks

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 7 of 16 (11,000 Views)

Thank you Noman_Subhani,

Take a look at this document for the troubleshooting steps for your notebook.  You may also find this document beneficial.

Please let me know if this helps.

Good lucK!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Top Student
Noman_Subhani
Message 8 of 16 (10,997 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

actually I have gone thru this dcoument and followed all the steps but my wifi is working perfectly with my all other wifi devices. but on HP envy, it is teribly bad. 

I have factory restored my system, but it doest work either.

Any solution?

Thanks

Noman

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 9 of 16 (10,986 Views)

Hi Noman,

What about the 2nd document I sent?

"Windows 7 Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow After Connecting to the Internet"

Anything beneficial to you in this one, or did you just see the first one?

Thanks,

Signature
Top Student
Noman_Subhani
Message 10 of 16 (10,982 Views)

Hi,

I have gone thru the second document as well. My windows 7 works perfectly because i had nothing heavy software installed in it. Just using Microsoft Word or PDF files.

Problem is with Internet Conntection. 

I have tried every possible step. Internet Only works excellent when i connect it using ethernet cable.

I am using  Virgin Media Broadband Wifi. I have tried every possiblilty to rectify the issue. But all other system, it works well except HP Envy.

Whenever, i run intenrt speed test, results are pathetic with 150 ms ping time and download speed of 0.25 Mbps and upload ever worse. Sometimes, it goes upto 5 Mpbs but oever all its bad.

Youtube videos buffered, website takes long time to open.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation