Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi KKMixAlot,

I am sorry to hear about the frustrating issue you are having connecting to the internet. Have you install Internet Explorer 10. Do you have any 3rd party toolbars installed?

In this post by Mikemj SP5 (second from bottom) on the Microsoft Community Support Page , explains how the toolbar Had caused his issue.

I also suggest following the steps in this post  for Internet Options Proxy Server setting won't stay off to remove a Malware that has been causing this issue.

I hope this helps, please let me know.

Take care and have a great day!

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
I tried both the suggestions you had or others have given to no avail. I can turn the LAN setting off and it does not pop up again checked on reboot. This has also been suggested in so many forums and on the computer so I am looking for some alternate advise from HP. The other user that found the tool bar issue never replied there was resolution and I do not have the example programs he had. I also tried deleting programs. They were probably on the computer since I had to go to the earliest restore point I had.

Is WildTangent Games an HP Program? I am trying to uninstall it and it conveniently crashes in the middle of the many games on this.

Can you please advise on how to either take this frustrating computer back to get a refund? I bought it at Staples in June. I am really disappointed because I have an HP at work so I went with the same company. What is the warranty for these computers and what exactly does it cover?
HP Recommended

Hi KKMixAlot,

The best bet to get all your warranty options would be contact HP directly. You can reach HP Total Care at 1-800-474-6836 in North America or start here if you are outside of North America. They will be able to let you know all your available options.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Idk about that person but it worked for me, thanks lifesaver!
HP Recommended
I had same problem until I found thisinfo, and it worked for me.

I have internet explorer windows 7 so not sure if it works for all. right click your internet explorer icon then in the small box that pops up right click again on the one that says internet explorer. then left click run as administrator and you will be able to uncheck the box and it should stay unchecked. walla....not just a Frisbee any more. good luck
HP Recommended
I has the same problem, but just found this info and it worked for me. Hope this helps.

I have internet explorer windows 7 so not sure if it works for all. right click your internet explorer icon then in the small box that pops up right click again on the one that says internet explorer. then left click run as administrator and you will be able to uncheck the box and it should stay unchecked. walla....not just a Frisbee any more. good luck
HP Recommended

this information really helped me alot, quick & easy diy form saved me a trip to pc doctor who would charge $$ I don't have.>>>>> I also previously re-established my internet connection via wi-fi.

It was telling me my internet connections didn't match a security type, and my network name had a red X next to it. I googled it, told me go to control panel, click view network and tasks, click connect to a network, easy as 1.2.3 with pass phrase code.

part two for me is this proxy server, some how my settings got all messed up. Don't know if it was a mean joke from a friend who I worked with doing codes from cableboxes etc, but the other day I took a shower while he was waiting in my room. Before I knew it nothing worked?? also antivirus software might have changed or viruses. I'm trying to stay positive and exclude friends etc, but ended up deleting all my most recent installs like antivirus and did a windows update then proceeded. I don't recommend going to a previous day and backtracking, some info might be lost. If you are able to understand some installed programs under control panel, programs etc this might work otherwise also not recommended, but do always check for internet explorer updates :)) Thought this hp was toast! NOT :)) Thanks to you all ((: hope this saves you money.

ps. don't know if these hp have like a built in breaker switch but the power here went out recently during a bad hail storm and a flash flood drenching our house/ yard well my work station- 50in. tv and hp etc all went down right in the middle of my grind online all my pc windows open and it wouldn't turn back on. Look at the power selector and re-select the proper input desired. This saved me a power supply as told mine was no good. only light came on no boot or fan kicked on, as well as the tv leave it unplugged for 24 hrs. It turned on the next day previously it had no power pluged in and no lights came on..also had a power surge..wow. amazement thought I blew it all up. I'm currently using all of it now.

HP Recommended

I have an HP Pavilion 17 laptop running windows 7 Pro. Internet access was working fine until I downloaded and  installed an HP Bios update. Now I can connect to my wifi, but get the "Proxy Server Isn't responding" error message when I try to launch the internet. I attempted to uncheck the LAN proxy box and clear the proxy server info in Internet Tools/Connections, but the change will not save. Seems to revert back to the checked box when I close out.

I have not tried the Internet Explorer "reset". Not sure if that is viable for this issue.

I also have not attempted to reset my system to an earlier save point. That seems radical for what should be a simple proxy command removal exercise. 

Help!

HP Recommended

its still not working.......

HP Recommended

I have tried seem like everything but nothing has changed it goes right back...please I need some help!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.