Laptop hangs on connecting to internet (2262 Views)
Teacher
ud_pronay
Message 1 of 7 (2,262 Views)

Laptop hangs on connecting to internet

hi there.I have a very unique and unusual problem.That my laptop hangs whenever i connect to the internet.I have also internet security installed.But why my laptop hangs as soon as it gets connected to the net.And after a long time it restarts.If i dont use net than it works fine.Pls help. What could be the issue? Any solutions? Thanks.
PRESARIO CQ42-173TU, intel core i3-330m 2.13 Ghz processor, windows 7 ultimate (32bit) os
Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 7 (2,261 Views)

Re: Laptop hangs on connecting to internet

Hi,

Shutdown the notebook. Tap away at f8 as youstart up to access Windows Recovery Console.  Use the arrow keys to select 'Safe Mode with Networking' and hit enter.  Let windows fully load in this mode and see if you can now access the internet - only choose a known 'safe site' such a Microsoft or HP as your security software will not be running while in this mode.  To exit Safe Mode, simply restart the notebook in the usual way and Windows will start normally.

Does the notebook still hang when connecting to the internet in this mode?

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Teacher
ud_pronay
Message 3 of 7 (2,229 Views)

hi,

i could not use internet on safe mode with networking because i not have a wired connection or a lan connection.

i use internet with my mobile as a modem or use a universal modem with a gsm sim card. and i caant use the software to connect to net without using the software in safe mode. what do i do now?

and now my laptop hans and freezes on blue screen of death on connecting to net?

pls help. thanks

PRESARIO CQ42-173TU, intel core i3-330m 2.13 Ghz processor, windows 7 ultimate (32bit) os
Student
dupln
Message 4 of 7 (1,781 Views)

HP G62-a25 laptop running Windows 7.  Laptop is about one year old.  It was working fine until about a month ago, when it started hanging as soon as it connected to the internet.  I uninstalled the wireless driver and reinstalled the latest Broadcom 802.11 driver.  I re-installed the Netgear router drivers from the ISP.  After the reinstallation with the ethernet cable, the laptop connected fine to the internet until it was restarted.  Then it refused to connect again.  Wireless does not work at all at this stage. 

I followed the advice below to reboot and selected safe mode with networking startup.  It worked with both wireless as well as the ethernet cable. 

I would really appreciate any suggestions as I have no idea what to do next.

Honor Student
Mayankgarg
Message 5 of 7 (1,045 Views)

Hi I m having hp mini 110 I having problem that when I just connected with wirlees Internet my laptop will be hang and then I forcefully restart that laptop. Otherwise when it's not connect with Internet it's work fine .
So anyone please find m the solution for this
Honor Student
Mayankgarg
Message 6 of 7 (1,044 Views)

My laptop is also having the same problem can you provide m any solution
Student
Message 7 of 7 (363 Views)

vicky

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation