Question

Honor Student
Phillip944
Message 1 of 4 (8,647 Views)

Laptop to TV via Bluetooth

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I usually connect my laptop (HP Pavilion Entertainment Notebook dv7-1270us) to my HDTV using an HDMI cable.  However, I'd like to start doing this wirelessly.  My guess would be a bluetooth adaptor connected to the TV to pair the two devices.  Hopefully, someone has other creative ideas!!

Thanks for the help,

Phillip

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 4 (8,638 Views)

Re: Laptop to TV via Bluetooth

Hi Philip,

You would not be able to use Bluetooth to do this.  The easiest way would be to have an extender device plugged in to the Tv ( for eample an XBOX 360 ).  You can then stream Video, Music, Photos etc to the extender which will then be displayed on the Tv.  You cannot however use this method to extend your notebooks display to the Tv, but can use it to display Windows Media Centre.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
Phillip944
Message 3 of 4 (8,635 Views)

Well... that's disappointing.  Thank you very much for your input.

Top Student
Rogue5100
Message 4 of 4 (8,613 Views)

I actually do this on a regular basis except that my router is near my TV and my TV is connected to the router via Ethernet Cable.  I have a Samsung TV that I first thought that you had to use a speacil software (provided freely by Samsung) but with Windows 7 and it's Libraries it was as easy as moving the video files from one folder to a shared folder then browsing through folder via the TV.

I also have done the samething with my PS3 in another room and that is completly wireless.  I am able to play 2 different video files from computer to PS3 or Samsung TV.  (I Love Technology!!!)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation