Laptop will not sign online (97 Views)
Student
hornetracing65
Message 1 of 3 (97 Views)

Laptop will not sign online

My son's laptop will not sign online, keeps saying something about unable to conect to the proxy server.  Can someone help me in what I need to do to get the computer to sign online?  Thnk you, frustrated...

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 2 of 3 (70 Views)

Re: Laptop will not sign online

Hello hornetracing65.

What is the exact error message you're receiving?

What is the product number of the notebook?

What version of Windows?

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.  Have a great day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

Tutor
The_Mountaineer
Message 3 of 3 (67 Views)

Re: Laptop will not sign online

Hi,

I'd suggest that you look into the Newtork settings of your Internet browser (Google Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer) and see if any pre-populated Proxy server or an autoconfiguration script is defined (if he's connecting to the Internet from Home only, there is no reason why a Proxy server would be set. If he's also using his laptop to connect to a University/Company network, then it's a different story :smileywink:).

• On Google Chrome : "Settings" drop-down menu> "Network" -> "Change proxy settings" -> "LAN Settings"
  • On Internet Explorer : "Tools" menu > "Internet Options" -> "Connection" tab -> "LAN Settings" (same window as in Google Chrome)
  • On Firefox : "Options" menu > "Network" > Connection > "Settings"

I work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation