Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've tride every of the drivers. For W7, for different notebooks with Broadcom for W8,.... still the same.

Only progress was when I installed Driver - Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices drivers. The FN+F12(wifi) button now switch plane mode on/off, wifi still don't work though.

Any other suggestion than smashing it with hammer or reinstalling whole system? :smileyindifferent:

HP Recommended

See if this guide helps...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Wireless-Internet-Home-Networking-e-g-Windows-8/Consumer-Notebooks-and-...

Your notebook does have a BIOS update for W8...

The release notes sound promising...

Fix/Enhancement:- Provides support for the Microsoft Windows 8 wireless button controls.

HP Recommended

Looked promising, but after the BIOS update, I shoul've seen new unknown device in Device Manager. But there was already Broadcom wireless adapter and after applicating drivers, nothing have changed. :Crying:

HP Recommended

There would be no unknown device because you had already installed the wireless button driver.

What I would now do is to reinstall windows 8 again and see if the changes made to the BIOS will work.

But first, do a hard reset of the notebook to see if that works. Info on how to do a hard reset is at the link below.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=...

Re-Install W8.

Then install the W8 button driver and the W8 broadcom wireless card driver.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-109700-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

HP Recommended

Ok, did everything, still not working, which is sad, but whatever.

I would like to thank you very much for spending all this time for me trying to help, though nothing worked.

For now I'm gonna return to Win7 and one day in the future I'll try W8 once again.:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I'm sorry that nothing seems to be able to get that network controller to work in W8.

There was another forum member who posted with the same issue today but his dilemma is in regard to an Intel wireless card.

So the problem is not just limited to the Broadcom card.

That is too bad. I was really banking on that BIOS update to fix the problem.

HP Recommended

Hi everyone,

I have a problem similar to this thread.

I have a HP 625 laptop, running win7. I bought this laptop for my son in Aug 2011 before he deployed with his unit to Qutar. He said he was having connection issues and mailed it back to me after he bought a MacBook. After I recieved it, I never had any problems with it. So I gave it to my 71 year old mother, who never used it. My father turned it on now and then, but he liked his Acer better. I got it back from them a week ago.

I performed the required windows updates and anti-virus checks, etc, etc.

It had been working fine for two days as I started to transfer my info from my Toshiba laptop to this HP. Then a couple of days ago I lost connection to the internet. I have a full 5 of 5 bars connection strength (I'm only 20' or so from the Netgear Router). Apparently, I have no IP address. I rebooted my laptop a few times, but no change. Connection was made, but no internet. I researched this online with another computer and tried numerous things.

By the way, I know enough about computers to be dangerous and break things.

I did a hard reset of the router (by pushing the little button on the back with a pencil).  Connection made, no internet.

Uninstalled and then reinstalled the driver for the Broadcom 4313. Reconnected with the wireless password, but no internet.

I then tried 5 different drivers for this wireless card (all from the HP website). Each time I uninstalled the previous driver and tried a different driver. And everytime is the same, connection made, 5 bar strength, no IP address, and no internet.

I even tried uninstalling the driver, physically removed the wireless card from the bottom of the laptop, rebooted the computer, shut down, re-inserted the Broadcom wireless card, reinstalling the driver. And....yup, connection made, but no internet.

I have even thought about replacing the Broadcom with an Intel wireless card, but I read on one of the threads that it won't make a difference. Since I am out of warranty I have no problems buying a new wireless card, IF this will fix my problem.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Wayne

HP Recommended

Connect to the router with a cable to verify internet or no internet connection.

You could have a router problem.

I had a similar issue, replaced my router, and the problem was corrected.

A new router solved my internet connection issues.

HP Recommended

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp60501-61000/sp60504.html

Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver and Utility

VERSION:

5.100.82.143 REV: A

Linked driver out of date...latest HP driver above...

FTTH
HP Recommended

I will try the ethernet cable and direct wired to the router to check the HP laptop.

However, I have 4 cell phones, two other laptops, a netbook and a Macbook, that can all connect with no problems.

The only problem I have is with the HP 625 laptop.

Thanks and I'll let you know about the ethernet cable.

Stay tuned.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.