Question

Honor Student
faraya14
Message 1 of 4 (460 Views)

Limited Internet Connection

About 10 days ago I bought the HP Envy m6-k088 ca Sleekbook with an intel CORE i5 processor. My problem is that every 20-30 mins I lose the internet connection (it goes to "Limited"). I have contacted HP by chat several times where I was told to reinstall the Wireless Driver, uncheck "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power", and reset IP address. Unfortunately none of those things whorked. My current Wireless Adapter is Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless N-2230. It would be awesome if I can get some help with this issue.

Professor
npw05001
Message 2 of 4 (439 Views)

Re: Limited Internet Connection

Hello faraya14,

I see that you are having problems with the wireless internet on your HP computer. I have some suggestions that may help with this issue.

Here is a link to some troubleshooting steps for wireless issues. The steps for updating the drivers for the wireless adapter, BIOS, and router firmware may help with your problem.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Honor Student
faraya14
Message 3 of 4 (424 Views)

Thanks! I went through the steps but the problem was not solved. Although, I just realized that there is no problem when I use a different Wi-Fi network, so maybe the problem is with the modem I have (Motorola SBV5222) or the router for the wireless connection (Linksys WRT54GS). Is there a way to see if they are compatible with Windows 8, and fix them in case they don't?

Professor
npw05001
Message 4 of 4 (398 Views)

You can check with the manufacturer. I don't believe there is a  published list of compatible routers. I would also check for any firmware updates for the router on the Linksy's website.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation