Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
Despite my internet being connected I cannot access a majority of websites. I have tried both Google chrome and Internet explorer and if I try to open a webpage on chrome it says "This webpage is not available" and in Internet explorer it says "this page can't be displayed"
It is not an issue with the webpages as they can be opened on other PCs and on my phone
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Ruthswallow

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

The problem may be due to your Security Software.

The following is quite long; it is detailed and contains useful information.

You can decide whether the contents apply to your situation.

Win8 Shows connected to internet, but unable to load any webpage/app

Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up to say Thank You!

And...Click Accept as Solution when my Answer provides a Fix or Workaround!

I am pleased to provide assistance on behalf of HP. I do not work for HP. 

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hello!

I just bought an HP 15 notebook and I seem to be having a similar problem. Some  sites like Google and MSN load fine, albeit slowly, but for most of the rest I get a "Page cannot be displayed" message. Sometimes  the page opens after "This webpage is not available", if I wait long enough. 

I discount my problem being related to the Wi-Fi Adapter because it behaves the same way when I use a USB adapter. The only way to eliminate the problem, it seems, is to connect with Ethernet.

Also, I have two other laptops on the same router - one connected wireless and one with Ethernet - and they both work fine. 

I was wondering if you were able to solve your problem.

J.C.

HP Recommended
I did refresh on my computer as it was running slow. Fixed that problem but now the internet won't work. Only bing will bring up search results but as soon as you click on a website it says it won't load. I've tried
ipconfig /flushdns
nbtstat -R
nbtstat -RR
netsh int reset resetlog.txt
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset

And releasing and renewing and ip

Can anyone help. Just need to get this sorted out so I can finish school work. Please help
HP Recommended

I have been having the same problem for 2 months now. All of a sudden the pages won't load.  It happens no matter what browser.  I have done the flush dns which temporarily works.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled browsers.  My HP 15 is the only pc in the house having issues.  It just started out of the blue.  Very frustrating as I have internet business and I depend on my laptop and I rarely can get online anymore.  Very frustrated and it seems to be an hp issue, if I had known would have rethought my purchase.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.