Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Few days ago I got new HP ProBook 430 G1 notebook. OS: Windows 8.1

It have Mediatek MT7630E 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter inside.

Trouble: I found that wireless adapter doesn't work in 802.11n mode (N-mode), but works well only in G-mode.

No any changes in driver settings on Advanced tab are solved problem.

I think it is a hardware bug, or (less possibly) a driver bug.

In other forums I heard that HP can replace wireless board to another, that will work well. Isn't it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I solved the problem by unistalling completly  all WiFi software and the device with it's drivers from control panel.

Then downloaded last drivers from oficial Mediatek site.

In Advanced tab of the driver settings new option appeared - "802.11n direct mode".

After enabling this mode WiFi began work in N-mode well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I solved the problem by unistalling completly  all WiFi software and the device with it's drivers from control panel.

Then downloaded last drivers from oficial Mediatek site.

In Advanced tab of the driver settings new option appeared - "802.11n direct mode".

After enabling this mode WiFi began work in N-mode well.

HP Recommended

Which version of driver do u use for the fix this issue???

HP Recommended

MediaTek_ver.jpg

HP Recommended

But I don't have any switch in advanced tabадванс.PNG

HP Recommended

It's strange...  Did you reboot PC after install this driver version?

MediaTek_Adv.jpg

But now I see that this advanced option "direct 802.1n mode" is turned off. But no pronblems with n-mode in work! It seems to be the driver itself solved problem.

HP Recommended

maybe u have driver that u was instaled?
can u give me a zip on some file-sourse?

And your pic is crashed)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.