Question

Honor Student
bwahaha17
Message 1 of 3 (989 Views)

Missing bluetooth in HP Pavilion dv6t-7000 CTO Entertainment Notebook PC

I have a 4 month old HP Pavilion dv6t-7000 CTO Entertainment Notebook PC with an Win 7 Home Basic 64-bit OS. My problem is my bluetooth was not installed when it was delivered to me so I tried installing the bluetooth on my own. I went to HP site download drivers to download the specific driver suited for my laptop. When i tried installing it, it say that i need to enable first my bluetooth before it starts to intall but when I open the wireless assistant, it only shows the wireless LAN adapter icon and NO bluetooth icon.

front.jpg

How can I install the bluetooth driver if cant enable the blueooth icon because it was missing... PLS HELP!

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 3 (984 Views)

Re: Missing bluetooth in HP Pavilion dv6t-7000 CTO Entertainment Notebook PC

[ Edited ]

If you had installed a bluetooth module brand and model that was listed as one of the options you wouldn't be experiencing this. 

The following  modules will operate in your notebook's system board:  Reference source (dv6t notebook series Maintenence & Service guide)

Atheros 9485GN 802.11b/g/n 1×1
WiFi and 3012 Bluetooth 4.0
Combo Adapter

Atheros WB225 802.11b/g/n 1×1
Bluetooth Combo Adapter

Broadcom 4313GN 802.11b/g/n 1×1
WiFi and 20702 Bluetooth 4.0
Combo Adapter

A non-supported module will not be whitelisted in the BIOS which means no BIOS support, so it won't operate.

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
bwahaha17
Message 3 of 3 (924 Views)

Re: Missing bluetooth in HP Pavilion dv6t-7000 CTO Entertainment Notebook PC

So what you are saying sir is that I dont have any bluetooth in my laptop so i need to buy one of those combo adapter that you posted. Or you are saying there is an installer for my bluetooth but i dont know where to get it so you are telling me to get a new combo adapter to make it easier for me... thanks anyway for your reply, really appreciate it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation