Question

Student
therightmix
Message 1 of 4 (6,439 Views)

My HP Pavilion g6-1b78nr Notebook PC wireless button is not working.

I just bought this laptop in November of 2011. No viruses are on this laptop. No additional software was added, never been dropped, all software updates have been done. This has only happened in the last month after Windows released some updates. Now the wireless button will not turn on.

Need help.

Someone, anyone. I tried the hard restart, checked drivers, tried rolling back drivers, none of that worked.

HELP!!!

Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 2 of 4 (6,431 Views)

Re: My HP Pavilion g6-1b78nr Notebook PC wireless button is not working.

Hi

You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue.

1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on.

2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers from Network Adapter and restart the unit and check if the light turns on.

3) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website.

4) Click start in search type Recovery Manager then click on it select Yes on User access control then select I need immediate help then select Driver & application recovery select the wireless driver and install it then restart the unit.

5) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.

If still you have the same issue then you need to call HP Technical support and get the part replaced.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Grad Student
mc-713
Message 3 of 4 (6,265 Views)

Re: My HP Pavilion g6-1b78nr Notebook PC wireless button is not working.

Also, check Connection Manager following the instructions in this document. Make sure wireless is turned on in here and then try pressing the wireless button again.

I am an employee of Hewlett Packard.

- - Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so others can more easily find the answer - -
- - Please click the Kudos star if you would like to say thanks - -
Student
bhagyashree1192
Message 4 of 4 (4,935 Views)

My HP Pavilion g6-2008TX

My pavilon g6-2008TX laptop ctrl key is not working....as we press ctrl+c,ctrl+v,....etc...its not functioning...tell me the solution for this...or tell me the setting in control panel which is to be made...

thank u

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation