05-25-2012 08:48 AM
I just bought this laptop in November of 2011. No viruses are on this laptop. No additional software was added, never been dropped, all software updates have been done. This has only happened in the last month after Windows released some updates. Now the wireless button will not turn on.
Someone, anyone. I tried the hard restart, checked drivers, tried rolling back drivers, none of that worked.
05-25-2012 09:36 AM
You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue.
1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on.
2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers from Network Adapter and restart the unit and check if the light turns on.
3) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website.
4) Click start in search type Recovery Manager then click on it select Yes on User access control then select I need immediate help then select Driver & application recovery select the wireless driver and install it then restart the unit.
5) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.
If still you have the same issue then you need to call HP Technical support and get the part replaced.
"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
05-31-2012 02:48 PM
Also, check Connection Manager following the instructions in this document. Make sure wireless is turned on in here and then try pressing the wireless button again.
- - Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so others can more easily find the answer - -
- - Please click the Kudos star if you would like to say thanks - -
08-19-2012 06:28 AM
My pavilon g6-2008TX laptop ctrl key is not working....as we press ctrl+c,ctrl+v,....etc...its not functioning...tell me the solution for this...or tell me the setting in control panel which is to be made...
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- Resolving issues in Internet Explorer (Windows 8)
- Resolving Internet Explorer issues (Windows 7, Vista, XP)
- Resolving Broadband Internet connection problems (Windows 8)