Question

Honor Student
Prarastas
Message 1 of 7 (2,553 Views)

My hp envy m6 (Windows 8) constantly loses internet and is unable to connect.

I have an HP envy m6 (~a year old), and I keep having this problem with the internet. The first time I noticed it I was just browsing the internet and suddenly the page I was being directed to couldn't be found or displayed. I noticed that the limited symbol had popped up in front of my wifi bars symbol, so I clicked on it, and went to try to disconnect and reconnect to the wireless network since that often helps. It seemed to take forever to attempt to connect without any results (just an eternal spinning of the circle of dots). Meanwhile I had a window pop up onto my desktop, so I went to close that out (I don't remember what it was but it was unrelated to the issue). Then I went to click on my wifi symbol to see if I had connected to the wireless network yet, but the sidebar that normally pulls out with available networks didn't appear. I tried again several times to no avail and ended up having to restart the computer to even get back onto the wifi.

Now I've recently had other problems with my computer (fried hard drive), but everything was fixed and I got my computer back early last week. I made it a whole of two days without any issues, but then this same issue came up again where I lost my wifi and couldn't connect until I restarted my computer.

What is going on and how on earth can I fix it? I can provide system information if necessary.

Retired
SuperMario1
Message 2 of 7 (2,505 Views)

Re: My hp envy m6 (Windows 8) constantly loses internet and is unable to connect.

Hello Prarastas. I understand you are experiencing network connection issues. I will do my best to assist you, and provide some troubleshooting steps. However, if the issue is not resolved, please provide the exact computer model number. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website: How to Locate the Model Number of your Computer

Now, I will provide two documents, that contain troubleshooting on this issue:

Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)

Wired and Wireless Network Problems (Note, this document states it is for Windows 8.1, but will also work with Windows 8)

Please respond with your results. I'm only here to help!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
Honor Student
Prarastas
Message 3 of 7 (2,484 Views)

Re: My hp envy m6 (Windows 8) constantly loses internet and is unable to connect.

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I thought I'd try to follow the instructions in the help pages you linked and wait a couple days to see if they helped.

Unfortunately, they seemed to have not helped at all. I couldn't accomplish half of the things suggested in the help pages because the troubleshooter never finds anythign wrong or I can't connect to the internet to even run the troubleshooter.

I have to force a restart on my laptop at least three times a day, because the wireless will go limited, and then my connections sidebar freezes or won't open when I go to reconnect.

I can't think of any other ways to fix this, but hopefully you can!

My exact model number is D1E93UA#ABA and I hope that helps you help me! Haha.

Thanks so much for being helpful.

Prarastas.

Retired
SuperMario1
Message 4 of 7 (2,443 Views)

Hello Prarastas. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. I understand the computer will randomly disconnect from the Internet. To troubleshoot the issue, please apply the steps in this HP document: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c03535285

If these steps do not resolve the issue, please provide a more elaborate description of the issue. Hopefully, that will not have to happen! Please let me know the results of your troubleshooting. I'm only here to help!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
Student
soyroy1
Message 5 of 7 (2,400 Views)

II think that HP have to do a recall on these envy m6 laptops computers, because mine is also freezing when I try to install a new program from a CD.  I think is a manufacturing defect, because is less than a year old, the technical support tried to find any solution by remote assist. and did not find any strange issue but asked me to return it to fix it.

Student
RobJ1235
Message 6 of 7 (1,790 Views)

My HP Envy m6-1125 dx loses internet connection daily; it has done this for months and I've just been tolerating it. The other 4 laptops on the network work just fine.    Product number is C2N76UA,  Bios is Insyde F.25, processor i5-3210M.

Anyone know where to find a bios update?   Searched for an hour on the HP web site and do not see it.   Thank you.

Honor Student
oirishman
Message 7 of 7 (1,492 Views)

can you answer a question for me. my wifi keeps discon and i have to continually right click the wifi icon and select troubleshooting problems to open windows network diagnostics.this resets the wifi in seconds...does this point to a specific problem.
Cisco EPC3925 EuroDocsis 3.0 2-PORT Voice Gateway
Hp Envy M6 notebook win 8.1
new wireless card fitted on warranty from hp.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation